Lost a good friend and coworker last night

Blkvoodoo

Aug 21, 2011
Got a call from my boss this morning, just figured is was another deperate plea from a customer for an atttempt to rescue a day of production.

Not to be,

One of my co-workers who is pretty heavily into stock car racing passed away last night, massive heart attack at the track. Don't know if he was in the car or in the pits.

I got to work with him Thursday morning, help him figure out a machine that wasn't co-operating. He seemed fine, was grumpy, said there were some home issues he was dealing with. I left it at that.

He was a camper, has a travel trailer permanently placed in a camping resort in SE NC. ( his wife passed 2yrs ago, from cancer )

Allen Moss, you will be missed, you are/were well respected by your peers in both the racing community and the industrial equipment world.

Race on Brother

I'm most bothered that he was only a month or 2 younger than me ( 45 soon to be 46 ), pretty rough gut check

bburgcamper

16 weekends a year camping just isn't enough.
Jun 8, 2008
Here's to a life well lived. It sounds like he made time for the things he enjoyed doing (it doesn't get much better than camping and racing).

JeepMama

Super Active Member
Jun 10, 2011
bburgcamper said:
Here's to a life well lived. It sounds like he made time for the things he enjoyed doing (it doesn't get much better than camping and racing).

Well said.

I too am sorry for you loss. Bless him and his family and you as well.

BarbaraFaith

Super Active Member
Oct 15, 2011
Sorry for your loss. My dad died of a massive heart attack at in his 40's too. Just too young. My dad had his heart attack at work (at a job he loved), and it was my mom who said that it was a blessing that he died at the place where he was most happy. So even though those left behind are hurting and grieving, your friend was at his happy place when he passed. Again, sorry for your loss. I pray that after you get through the grieveing process, you will have many happy memories of your friend/co-worker,

Ken1967

Can't wait to Camp!
Apr 9, 2010
Yes too young! I am 45... 46 in July.... sorry for your loss.

Live life like every day is your last... you never know when your number will be up.

Pop up Pooley

Mar 23, 2013
Even though it is a part of everyone's existence, death always seems to come at a shock.
He certainly was a young age!
Hang in there!
Earth has no sorrow heaven cannot heal. Take comfort in your good memories and if you need to lean on those around you who care.