Lost my camping buddy this weekend

Discussion in 'Best Wishes/Remembrances for Loved Ones & Friends' started by tfischer, Jul 5, 2021.

1. tfischer

tfischer A bad day camping beats a good day at the office

Thanks for all the support. And for those of you who shared your own losses - good luck with the healing process.

We're already looking at options for adopting a new pup. Quite honestly I'm not looking forward to all the training it will take to make him even half as good of a dog as Chester was. But it will help with the healing.

neighbormike, kcsa75 and hayyward like this.
  2. p

p Active Member

The rainbow bridge story is awesome. Thank you.

3. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

:sad:[:(]

4. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss. Going through the pics you posted Chester looked like a very happy dog. Funny how they become part of the family. I’m sure he knew he was loved.

tfischer likes this.
  5. Patrick w

Patrick w Active Member

You tell me if it's weird if once in a while I smell the dog of the owner who I bought the house from. The dog I would see daily, and would always bark until I petted her. She was put down the day before I bought the house. This is over 10 years ago.
    I offered the owner that she could burry her here (she was moving out of state). Owner didn't take me up on the offer, but sometimes I feel the dog is still around. Not that I mind. Everytime I get that scent, I am reminded of the pooch. Maybe she's coming by for a quick visit..