Loud popping noise from furnace

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by jeff h, Dec 16, 2009.

1. jeff h

jeff h New Member

this may not be the place to post this but, when the last time i tryed my furnace it made a loud pop sound. and did not come on. i tryed it maybe 2 or 3 times and it seemed to get louder. i am now a little afraid of it. i would like to take it out and try and see what could be wrong. but i want to be able to put it back in. it worked good the last time i used it.

2. mercman

mercman Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!

Re: Re: Furnace Fan - Battery or 110?

Hey Jeff,

You'll probably get more responses and better advice if you post a new thread about your problem with a little more description, that way more people will see it.
    Is the furnace coming on after it goes "pop" or shutting down? Does it sound like a "poof" when it does not light? like a gas BBQ would do if if it doesn't light the first few times? It could be a bad safety switch or a clogged propane line.

If you haven't used the furnace in a few years, the orifice could be clogged with spider webs, a common problem.

-Chris

3. Xolthrax

Xolthrax Franconia, Pa.

Franconia, Pa. Butter capital of the East
    I moved this to its own topic. I think you'll get better results this way.