Louisiana State Park Camping Reservations

Discussion in 'Reservation Systems' started by mckeapc67, Feb 20, 2014.

1. mckeapc67

mckeapc67 New Member

I hit ReserveAmerica earlier this week to see if any of our nearby campgrounds had any open sites for the weekend. At first, I said "Wow" because there was not a single LA State Park returned in the search.

I then went to the LA State Parks website ( http://www.crt.state.la.us/parks/ ) and found out that they've changed to a different reservation system.

They are now using a new site ( http://reservations2.usedirect.com/LAStateParksHome/ based on Recreation Dynamics by US eDirect.

From my initial browsing of the site, it looks to be a pretty decent system. Haven't made a reservation on it yet, though.

I wonder why they changed.

2. froggie

froggie New Member

If it's a decent system, it can't be the brain child of John White.

3. CamL48

CamL48 New Member

When I booked at Custer State Park (South Dakota), I had to use South Dakota's own reservation site, too. So, it's not just LA. I don't know if SD always used its own site or if it migrated away from RA.com/Rec.gov at some point.

I, too, would be interested to know why LA (and others) may have moved away from the big two.

4. froggie

froggie New Member

States' Rights?

5. mckeapc67

mckeapc67 New Member

Louisiana State Parks has now moved back to Reserve America. Guess the other one didn't work out. I liked RA better anyway. :)