Love my DH, but he did something....

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Misc99, Jul 3, 2013.

1. CommaHolly

CommaHolly New Member

Not a single chance in HELL.

Actually, I'd drag it somewhere not too far, set it up and go back and get it for them,,,,

but I totally wouldn't be comfortable if they were pulling it and setting it up themselves.

2. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

+1

3. RubberSoul

RubberSoul New Member

At least they've owned one before.

4. Misc99

Misc99 New Member

They have not asked yet, and I need to realize that stuff is stuff and try to let go a bit.

I mentioned how I feel about it to my husband and we thought maybe if we set it up and take it down for them it would be a nice compromise between the two of us. The family would probably consider it a great blessing.

Thank you all for your input and a chance for me to vent.

5. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

No option. Let them borrow it, and do a trial run in the driveway with them beforehand since it it's bigger and newer/different. They thought enough of you to loan you their pup, you should do the same.

6. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

I can relate to you not wanting to loan it out to them, but as has been mentioned--they did not hesitate when they loaned you their camper.

I struggled with the same thing when my best friend asked me to borrow ours this September. This is the best friend who helped me rebuild an entire roof and cabinets from our first camper--took us weeks. How dare I tell him that he can't use it, after all that he did to help us build up our first camper? He also would loan me anything he has, including things I would not even want to borrow, his $10K commercial mower, 2012 truck, etc.etc.. Although I was hesitant and originally said "you know how i am about the camper", I then followed it up with the dates I had available.

I can relate, but as was said before, I guess it all depends on how good your word is.

7. BIGTOM

BIGTOM Member

A camper is only a camper, it can be replaced just like a car. With the understanding that they would be responsible for any damage, I would let good friends use my camper, just like I would my vehicle. Make sure insurance is paid up if you think necessary. My popup is old and I carry no insurance on it.

8. backwoodzbum

backwoodzbum New Member

You gotit..nothing is more important than your word...well except our Lord and savior Jesus Christ.

9. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

:)

10. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

can you ask them if you can go also??? I would give them a walk thru and make sure they understand how it works, maybe even right down procedures in order such as put up and take down and a phone # to call for questions. thats about all you can do at this point. I like the idea of maybe a gift certificate to rent one. tell them it would be much more suitable for the size of their family now that the kids have grown. :)

11. vanjr

vanjr New Member

Something is clearly wrong with me. I WISH someone would ask to borrow our PUP. I would rather it be used more often than my job allows us to get out. Heck if they would trade vehicles I would be glad to let them use my truck to pull it! Certainly not a stranger but a friend or a family member would be great.

12. dmaxphil

dmaxphil New Member

I would either loan them the pup due to the promise... or move to a different city and change phone numbers.