Loved it..First camping trip

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by landon6062, Aug 5, 2018.

1. landon6062

landon6062 Active Member

Loved it..i hate to leave, it was way too short for me..lol. We are only about 30 miles from home, and only had 2 days to camp. I so enjoyed the peace and quiet of this little camp ground, other than some noise from the hwy.. It amazes me that this campground has so many permanent stays they only have about 15 open slots to rent out of about 100 slots.. It is really quiet. We did get a great spot right across from the lake. I spent most of my time watching the ducks and just enjoying the view. We are going to try and come back in 2 weeks. ..
    20180804_202019.jpg
    20180804_123125.jpg
    20180804_113642.jpg

2. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

Good to hear you two had fun.

landon6062 likes this.
  3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

The main thing is you enjoyed the trip and got to relax. Nice looking site.Thanks for sharing the photos.

landon6062 likes this.
  4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Ditto ^

landon6062 likes this.
  5. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Glad you were able to get out & enjoy!!

landon6062 likes this.
  6. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

I call that Tree Supervision. Somebody has to make sure those trees behave themselves. ;)

Glad you had a great time. [:)C]

landon6062 likes this.
  7. MsMac

MsMac Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great first trip!

landon6062 likes this.
  8. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

How did the other half do?

9. landon6062

landon6062 Active Member

Wellllll to his credit he is doing this for me and appears to be ok..i tried to make it pleasant for him...but when we left he said he would rather be in a hotel..but he will stick it out for me cause he LoVES me. : ) how long will be the real question. lol. Too much like work in his opinion lol

J Starsky and Sjm9911 like this.
  10. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Sounds like you had a great time... We used to go down to Myrtle Beach in the SEP/OCT time frame for mini family reunion get-to-gethers.. Most of the time we would stay on LAKEWOOD in one of the Houses around a couple of inside property lakes... One of my sisters has a house at Lakewood... Stayed at Springmaid one year and found out you had to duck your head for Airplanes coming in from the Ocean side landing at the AirPort there...

Had great camping south on 17 at two or three places up against the Ocean side. Very neat to camp in the woods and then walk out on the beach... Loved that. All of the foot traffic day and night was down on the beach... Very peaceful camping just inside the woods I think one of those places got tore up in the recent hurricane. It still may not be open (Hunting Island)...

My other love is camping OFF-GRID up in the high country of the southern states and here around Virginia behind Harrisonburg VA along the Virginia/West Virginia wooded state line...

Of course all roads for us always go through the Smoky Mtns at Gatlinburg TN... We love camping at ELKMONT CAMP inside the Natl park...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

landon6062 likes this.
  11. joet

joet Well-Known Member

The piece and solicitude makes it all worthwhile.

12. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Good to hear you both had a great time. Yes it is some work, but to me it is all worth it. Get ready for your next trip and have fun.

13. landon6062

landon6062 Active Member

Thanks everyone for your response.. : ).

Yep, got our next trip scheduled for Aug 24-26. I'm a longer trip will make a big difference for both of us..

We were hindered a little on this first trip by finding baby sitters for the babies/dogs and didn't get to stay but one overnight.

I actually was a bit teary eyed when we had to leave.. You may have to be a woman/home maker to understand that a woman never truly can rest unless she is away from home.. lol

One night is a lot of work, but some body had to watch those trees.. LOL (KCSA, loved it.. yep that was my duty to the world) Funny I even asked about a job in the camp ground...

Next time.. some fishing gear and some bikes would be nice to have... Gonna watch those trees a little closer next time, right on the bank of the lake for the day.. LOL

14. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

A longer trip will allow more down time after the setup and before the take-down. That will help with Hubbs.

So glad you had a good trip! You've discovered what we all love about camping now and it's not anything you can describe or even record; it has to be experienced. :)

jmkay1, Dan from Troup and landon6062 like this.
  15. landon6062

landon6062 Active Member

HI ROY, I had a fabulous time..

We are looking forward to some fall camping.. Sept-Oct, when the weather is JUST RIGHT for us. UNFORTUNATELY, my hubby's job is going to prevent us from camping this year from Sept-Nov...Though I may just take her out by myself.. LOL

Those are a good list of Camp grounds near our area, thank you for listing them. Got it, stay away from Springmaid.. lol

I would love to go to the Mountains, too, I can imagine I would enjoy watching those trees there..

UGG... We have made the mistake of buying a PUP that is a bit on the heavy side for our vehicle. IT didn't struggle at all going on the flat land, but we seriously doubt it would do well in the mountains..

But as soon as I can convince my "DEAR" hubby that this is the life-style for us.. A better vehicle will be in on the market.. LOL

Thanks for sharing...
    donna

16. Dan from Troup

Dan from Troup Well-Known Member

Super cool Donna that you finally got out. How did your a/c work out and was the temp?

landon6062 likes this.
  17. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

That's what my wife says. I understand what Lance says, too. Being in South Carolina, too, the camper makes me sweat loading, setup, breakdown, unloading, and modifying. You do it out of love. I enjoy it once we get setup and then she is ready to explore the surrounding towns and natural areas.

landon6062 likes this.
  18. landon6062

landon6062 Active Member

Thanks Belchfire..

yeah I am certain, a longer trip will make all the difference, especially for him. I sure most people wouldn't go through all the trouble for a "ONE DAY TRIP", but he was gracious enough to comply for me.

Though I do know how to put the PUP up a lone now, and help all the way through it. He of course takes a lot more of it on his shoulders to do. .

Unfortunately it took us about 3 hours to unload and set up.. Inexperience will do that for you..

He wasn't sure how to light the "hot water heater" and that was bit frustrating. It just wasn't as obvious as it should have been.. THANK GOODNESS for "the orb/google".. lol.

By the time we finished "setting up" , we were hungry.

And being from the Country, we never even thought about delivery.

My sweet hubby decided to go into town and get us some lunch, while I watched the TREES. It wasn't 2 mins. after he left that a Papa Johns pizza delivery came into the camp ground.. I thought >>> DUH<< we could have gotten delivery.

Half the day was gone by that time, so JUST not enough down time for him..

LIVE and LEARN.. It will be better next time, I am certain of that .. : )

19. landon6062

landon6062 Active Member

HI DAN.good to see you : ) . hope all is well for you and the wife?

Thanks for chiming in...

THE A/C was awesome.. I didn't even use the cooler/ac. I actually got COLD during the night.

The tempts were in the high 80's this weekend. It was a GREAT weekend to camp. .

We had a beautiful location. (pictures) The lot space behind us and in front of us were empty for most of the day Saturday, giving us plenty of space to relax and enjoy.

I really like the quiet camp ground. But to be honest, I was beginning to get a little concerned... LOL .

"LIKE? "WHERE are all the people of this camp ground? " Though it was Loaded with campers, No one was insight for MOST of the time we were there. Even had the pool mostly to ourselves.. Other than a little noise from the hwy. You almost felt like you were a lone..

At night, I didn't even see LIGHTS on in the campers...Are those BLACK OUT CURTAINS that good?

Far more PEACEFUL and QUIET than I expected...

I found out later that the Majority of the people LIVED there and were "contractors" IE. worked during the day and just slept there for the most part... OK I am loving this.. it is now on my list of NUMBER 1 camp grounds for the summer.. LOL

donna

20. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

. This is my parents. Dad is a tech geek mom a home maker. She absolutely loves camping but dad prefers hotels where he can bring all his "toys". Out of love for her, They used a popup for many years just getting a bigger vehicle to tow it because the first one was seriously lacking. Eventually they bought a 25' TT and a vehicle to tow it, to only find that vehicale was seriously lacking so they found a camping resort they store the camper at. Now they just drive there to camp. Dad can bring some more of his toys here, so he is a little more satisfied. However as he gets older doing the required maintenance, dump tanks etc is making him more cranky so this will be their last camper. Mom will continue her adventure on my trips if she wants, dad can stay home with his gadgets.

landon6062 likes this.