Low carb spaghetti squash lasagna.

Discussion in 'I Smell Something Cooking!' started by Dusty road, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

We're eating healthier now so tonight I put together a layered lasagna with spaghetti squash instead of the flat noodles in my lodge 3060 deep fish pan. Real tasty and filling. 20200107_165749.jpg

neighbormike likes this.
  2. Econ

Econ Active Member

@Dusty road Ate a version of that last week. DW needed a carb fix. I have lost 85 pounds and kept it off over 3 years. High end keto.

3. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

85 lbs is great! My wife and I have been doing keto off and for about 3 and a half years. I always hit a plateau after loosing 22 to 26 lbs and fall off of the wagon. Hope this time is different.

4. Econ

Econ Active Member

Lost 13 pounds in first 15 days. There are periods of plateaus like the body is saying "are you sure about this?" Are you defining keto as less than 30 gram? Our keto was a little different. At the time we didnt know what keto was though we were practicing it. Included in it was a 40 hour fast each weekend. Lost 54 pounds in 3 pounds. As you get closer to the weight you are meant to be the more difficult it is to keep losing.

I now only weigh 65% of what I used to

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    bheff and Dusty road like this.
  5. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

@Dusty road I would totally eat that!! The whole thing (unfortunately)!!

6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Looks delicious

Dusty road likes this.
  7. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

I have had spaghetti squash prepared for me and it was tasty. I try to do it I end up with a stringy goopy mess. Any tips on cooking with it?

8. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

Cut it in half, scoop out the seeds. Add a little olive oil. Flip upside down on a cookie sheet. Poke a few holes in it then bake it

9. Econ

Econ Active Member

@Dusty road There is a theory out there I believe in. There is what I call an over /under or bracket thermostat. For instance, you set it for 70*F and 75*F. If the temperature goes below70 the heat comes on. If over 75* the A/C comes on. Most stats you have to chose between heat or A/C being on at anyone time but this one does both.

The idea is your body also does this. It has set points. If you hold your body weight higher than your normal weight long enough the set points will reset. If you are losing weight the "thermostat" in your body screams out "gain weight."

Keep trying.

10. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

I haven't heard of that before but I can see validity in it.

11. Econ

Econ Active Member

For 35 years weight loss was attempted with the DW being the resident expert. A little less than 4 years ago I took over my weight loss and came up with a different plan. It worked. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. I now fish in different, nonconventional holes for raw information. Most info readily available now has a profit motive behind it.

Think with me for a minute. If weight watchers came out with a diet that actually worked they would go bankrupt. They only want to string you along for maximum fee extraction.

To paraphrase the former editor of the AMA journal, the "scientist" in the weight loss / nutritional research fields have bought and sold themselves and have lost their credibility.

The critical factor is the calorie in/calorie out theory is a batch load theory. The body doesn't work that way.

12. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Active Member

Or as somebody famously said, you can't outrun a fork. The sad truth is that you have to feel hungry to loose weight.

13. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

Not true at all.

14. Econ

Econ Active Member

I strongly disagree with this statement. You are describing the grossly failed theory of calories in/calories out. Its the composition of your diet that counts- what you eat not how much. Hunger pangs is something we have experienced only because we wanted a "supercharger" on the weight loss program. Why wait 6 months to lose weight when you can do it in 3 months and stay motivated.