Lowering my PUP

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Whopper14, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Whopper14

Whopper14 Member

New to pup camping. Bought a 2-18 Coachman Clipper 108ST. When lowering the Pup seems like to top just kind of falls in a semi-controlled manner. Sometimes the cable seems to go slack and I do a couple of up cranks to get it back on track. My question, is this up Pups collapse or do I have an issue?

2. Whopper14

Whopper14 Member

Bad typing: 2018; is this how Pups collapse...

3. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

That doesn't sound normal. Being a new pup, I'd think that maybe one of the posts isn't aligned properly, or didn't get lubricated. Did you contact the service department at the dealership yet?

4. Antipodes

Antipodes Call me Paul

Ok it looks like you have a goshen lift system and NO this should not be collapsing.
    Not sure what winch you have as they are all different depending on manufacturer, but I recommend you go back to the dealer as it is very new, and get them to either show you if you are doing it correctly or to sort the issue out?

5. geekgurl64

geekgurl64 Member

I bought the 2018 Coachmen Clipper Classic in May. I just picked it up yesterday from the dealer because the lift system had to be replaced. It was near to impossible to lift and lower. We are leaving today to go camping. I'll let you know if it works any better.

By the way, I did send a comment to Coachmen telling them that the lift system and A/C was not working. They called me back the same day to apologize and assured me that things would be taken care of.

I'll keep you posted.

6. Whopper14

Whopper14 Member

Thanks, I have no issues raising, lowering seemed a little awkward. Talked to service Rep and he advised my lowering comments were pretty normal. Not much weight to help gravity. I may apply some lube. We really like our Clipped, 2 trips so far.

7. geekgurl64

geekgurl64 Member

We are camping near Cadillac this weekend. The lift system, now, is so easy. I was able to use the drill and got it up pretty quickly.

8. chambo

chambo Active Member

The problem I see is the cable going slack. If that is the case, you're setting yourself up for a big tangle that will be difficult to fix. Are you close to the dealer? Do they have another similar unit there you can test with?