LP water heater/tank replacement

Lake lady

Jun 22, 2020
We have a 2005 Jayco Jay series 1206 that we completed an entire roof rebuild on. When we hooked the water up for the first time at home, water started pouring out of the storage box. Come to find out, the water heater tank had ruptured at some point. I cannot find a replacement tank or water heater without spending $1000. This pup has a toilet/shower combo, so I’d really like to figure out how to fix this. Any suggestions? The original water heater is an Atwood G6a7.
E63ACA1A-3A42-49D9-A219-2ABEE12C66D9.jpeg

Snow

Super Active Member
Jul 19, 2007
Ontario
Check out pricing on small hot water on demand systems.. might be a cheaper route to go..

Toxictom

Aug 18, 2016
I have a 1996 Jayco 1206. My water heater blew out almost identically to this one last summer. I'd used it successfully in the past and it fired up fine. I left the camper for a while and noticed water inside when I returned. I believe the pressure relief valve failed. I've since removed the entire water heater and blocked the lines that used to go to it.
I've been thinking about having a patch welded over it. A new water heater is way too expensive to put into a 25 year old trailer. I think a welding shop could patch it without breaking the bank if you take it to them.