MA-Bourne Campground

Discussion in 'Massachusetts' started by silverfz, Apr 11, 2015.

1. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

http://bournescenicpark.com/

Looks like bourne will be our first trip this year in a week weather permitting.

We have camped here a few times, they have good facilities and one does not have to cross the bridge to the cape. this is good on summer weekends as I work west of providence. I try to get by providence by 4.00 and have 1 hr solid ride on my motorcycle to make it here. around 70 miles.

anyway, DW spend all her kid summer time here as her Grand parents where season for a lot of years. We like facilities and location.

One year bourne was so full we tried http://www.bayviewcampground.com/ again bourne, a bit expensive but you get your money`s worth if you have kids. Alots of activities for kids. only issue is you have go over the bourne bridge. Last year got struck and it took me 2 hrs to go 4 miles on a very hot and humid day. It was so hot my motorcycle battery connector got loose and left me with a dead motorcycle at the foot of a bridge. I push started my 1000 cc motorcycle and expect no help..

the campground itself is huge, the seasonal sides are real good. if we go seasonal this will be it.

A few miles down is the http://capecampresort.com/ . this place is a resort type. except if you are in the non lux areas, the bathrooms are far. We did a friend trip [no kids] but they have a café with wifi,2 pools, a nice baseball field , a pond with fishing, paddle boats and a heated adult pool. the sites were big in the area we where. The tent sites where some of the best I have seen. It was in august, so we hooked up the flat screen on the outside and watch a preseason football. it was a bit empty due to the price in my area. The only site available was a premium site but we had a great facility and every thing was close. If you are in the 30 amp regular site, a 10 minute walk to the pool-café area.

satz

satz

2. Garywt

Garywt New Member

We love Bay View, camp there most years. Have been by Bourne Scenic but have never stayed there. Grew up not to far away in Hideaway Village on Buttermilk Bay. The Cape has great memories for me, love going down there.

3. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

I am actually at Bourne scenic park and posting this. We got to try the p site now.its the one near the canal. We just rode the bikes and now some monopoly as per kids.
    Satz

4. DCL_CT

DCL_CT Member

We'll be there in a week and a half. I spent many weeks at BSP 30-odd years ago. My father was a truck driver and one summer broke his elbow trying out my skateboard on the canal path. He was out of work for the next 6 weeks, so we headed back home to restock, then back to Bourne for the rest of the summer.

DW and I will be starting some memories with out three kids shortly. Love watching the ships run through the canal and having the canal path right there for the kids.

BTW, from your user name and mention of a motorcycle in your post, I'm guessing you have a Yamaha FZ1. What year? I have a 2007 cobalt blue FZ1 that I try to get out on here and there. Be safe out there.

5. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

I love that area. We camped at pinewood lodge in Plymouth last weekend. It is great for kids . I reserved Scusset beech for August in Bourne .i always camp around. We are heading to NH as we always do for the 4th. Next weekend we return to Salisbury beech ,another great location if u can get a spot.

I do hit vanilla bean in pomfret ,169 for lunch. As i think I might do that tomorrow on fz1. Got a 2005 in a crate in 2007. It only has 39k as I got a vstar 1300 touring and ignored it for a couple of years. Anyway back to one bike and enjoying the fz1 .

Have fun and let me know if u want to camp or go for a ride .

6. Garywt

Garywt New Member

We have nothing planned but my aunts are asking when I will be down so might have to plan a trip to the area.

7. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

I went to the BSP MANY times as a kid. We loved catching tiny crabs down at the canal and watching the boats go through. Once a couple of kids walking on the bridge threw a bottle off and hit a lady on the head. Of course they got caught as they weren't even off the bridge by the time the police came!

8. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

Thought of a bump. We camped there a few weekends ago when the weather got warm suddenly. It was fun. I also actually found a nice big site near the pool open for august and got it.
    so will be spending a whole week for the first time.

its a great place if you like to ride a bike, walk with dogs and experience cape without the cape madness on the bridges.