Mactaquac Provincial Park

Discussion in 'New Brunswick' started by FarmerDave, Feb 10, 2013.

1. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Active Member

Looking at staying there this year, any reason not to?

Anyone camp there?

2. Starcraft Away

Starcraft Away New Member

I camped there lots as a kid with my parents and other family who had pop ups. now as an Adult we have gone a few time tenting but not yet in our Pop up. Its a fun place for kids , there is a tree go franchise over by the marina thats fun ( more for older kids though) Takes about 2 1/2 three hours to do it. If your not into height this is not for you,lol. Its also got a Golf course if your a bit of a duffer.

Be warned there are many scavenging Raccoons around once darkness falls , so coolers need to be put inside . Dont bother trying to bungee them shut ( ask me how I know)
    There is a nice beach on the head pond, great for swimming and kayaking. Your close to the city as well if you get bad weather and need supplies ir something to do.

Hope this helps
    [PU]

3. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Active Member

Thanks, I think the wife has us now booked in...

4. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Active Member

I've been there now, so I will review, lots of sites to pick from from heavily wooded to wide open fields.

Camp ground is hilly, all main roads are paved and great for biking.

No water or sewer hook ups, but if you have enough hose and a Y adapter you can hook to water faucets (many, many people did this, not uncommon to see 150 feet of hose...) Electrical hook up I had was 30 AMP plug + 2 20AMP duplexes with independent breakers (no finding someone if you happened to trip out)

Camp store was kind of empty, but had anything I needed.

I would definitely go back.

5. pej

pej Member

Mactaquac Provincial park is great. You can reserve online and for popups i would recommend the 300 section - Electric only, but clean water fillup positions close by. Of course clean washrooms. For children there is a large rec hall with games for rainy days as well as a playground etc and they run activities for the children each week.

http://www.tourismnewbrunswick.ca/Products/M/Mactaquac-Provincial-Park-Campground.aspx

Mactaquac was developed in the 60's when they built the hydro dam. The
    Headpond water is clean for swimming (two beaches)and there is great boating as well -canoe, kayak, sailing, power, but i am not sure about rentals. 18 hole golf course. Tour the hydro generating station too.

Fredericton, the capital city is about 20 minutes away. Kings landing historical settlement is about 15 minutes away.

Peter

6. CraigBorden

CraigBorden New Member

We're heading there tomorrow for our first outing with our new pop-up (and our 4 week old) should be quite an adventure haha!

7. CraigBorden

CraigBorden New Member

I guess I never got back to this. We enjoyed our stay here last summer, the park is older but the upkeep is really good. Very family oriented campground. Beautiful Provincial Park.

Booking online is great, they actually have 2 or 3 photos of every site with measurements and description.

8. Keith Hawkins

Keith Hawkins Active Member

Stayed here for the first time ever this year and have to say the kids, wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The washrooms were very clean and well stocked, the grounds were well maintained, they have a very nice field and playground for the kids. Very reasonably priced.