Maiden Voyage!

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by KeatesCamping, May 24, 2019.

1. KeatesCamping

KeatesCamping Member

This afternoon we are leaving to camp in our new-old pop up for the very first time! I have our manual printed out thanks to this site, and hubby watched setting up and taking down vids I showed him off youtube. We are calling this our practice run. It's only for two nights at a good Provincial Park only 20 minutes away so if there's an issue we aren't too far from home. It will be a learning experience. This will be our first time putting it down and up again because of the amount of rain we've been getting, cleaning and repairs we've needed to do and packing. It's also our first time towing anything, lol

We have cleaned off the mold, re-waterproofed the canvas, fixed tears, cleaned the curtains (that need replacing soon) and bought mattresses and put together a pop-up tent emergency and maintenance box. We have mini-lights lining the perimeter of the roof providing the perfect amount of incandescent lighting that won't bother my migraine-y head. (We have to use electrical sites now because my husband just got his cpap machine a month ago)

On another thread I mentioned how we took out our sink section and removed the portable stove since we didn't want to cook in this trailer. We have three plastic drawer units: one that will be housing all of our kitchen stuff permanently, one for hubby's and my clothes and one for toiletries, towels ect. It's lighter, has provided so much more storage and organization and two are the sizes that can be kept sitting up when the trailer is collapsed. The other we are just placing on it's side since it's a tad too tall. SUCH a different packing experience from our 14 years of tent camping and we have lots of space to spare both in the trailer and our van.

Wish us luck and not as much rain as they are forecasting for this weekend, lol.

2. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Well-Known Member

Good luck on your trip and happy camping.

KeatesCamping likes this.
  3. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

This site for sure is pure gold; a wealth of knowledge to be found & years of experience shorten the learning curve for those starting out...get some pics, have a blast, & post as to how it all went down...

4. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're prepared. Hope you have a great time.

5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Just relax and enjoy the trip. Everything gets easier with practice and you will get a routine after a couple of times. Good Luck and have a safe trip