Manatee Springs S.P., FL

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by thelmuth, Dec 8, 2015.

1. thelmuth

thelmuth Member

We made reservations for 12/3 - 12/6 a few months back and invited some of our friends, who invited some of their friends. We had a total of 8 sites with 34 people. 20 adults, 14 children. 3 sites were occupied on Thursday night with the rest arriving on Friday.

What a great time. The weather was perfect, in my opinion, low 70's during the day and 50's at night and no rain.

My son brought his jon boat and pitched a tent on our site. DD stayed with us in the pup. Here is our home away from home for the weekend.

[​IMG]

Some of the braver ones took advantage of the crystal clear spring and went for a swim, while the less hardy, myself included, watched.

[​IMG]

I spent most of the afternoon on Saturday tending to a batch of baby back ribs in the smoker. Man they were good. Saturday night most of us gathered around the campfire, singing praise songs led by DS and DD's Boyfriend , as well as a short devo led by one of the other men.

[​IMG]

We stayed in the Magnolia 2 loop. Magnolia 1 had just been redone over the summer with a brand new bath house and it appears they rearranged the site layout as well, adding a few sites. In the Mag1 loop there are quite a few with full hookups, although with the way the pipes are, most of them are higher than most trailer outlets, limiting functionality. The bath house in mag2 is still old and the showers don't work real well, although it was kept clean.

All in all we had a great weekend and would recommend this park. This was our 3rd time there over 35 years.

2. whitecastleman

whitecastleman Member

Sounds like you all had a great time. I have never camped at Manatee Springs but I have visited often and have enjoyed the cool spring water on a warm summer day. Last December we were there and we was able to see two manatees swimming near the beach area.

3. shoman118

shoman118 New Member

Looks like you all had a great time! Thanks for sharing pictures, the spring looks great, and temps in the 70's sound good to me!

4. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

We go down there often 8-10 April is our next trip. But we're also members of a Scuba Club and some members come down to join us for the dives / dinner and then head home to Jax. There's a lot to do for us and the DD's plus the deer love marshmallows my DD's found out.