March 2019 - So what did you do for your camper this month?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Mar 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tzmartin

tzmartin Well-Known Member

I made reservations at Moccasin Creek State Park which is only 30 minutes from my house. I moved in January and haven't been anywhere this year.

Maintenance-wise I torqued the bolts on my WDH and checked the battery. I think I'm going to buy a new one next month if there are funds left over in the budget. It's getting old (8 years!) and doesn't hold a charge like it used to.

Opened and aired out the PUP and inflated the tires to 65lbs.

I'm ready to go!!!

Sjm9911 and neighbormike like this.
  2. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

I spent about 2 hours fitting my 90° worm drive to the whiffletree crank shaft of our pup. Was missing a couple of small items to finish the job, once I get those I expect to finish the job in about 45 minutes to an hour. I will post in another thread with pics when finished, if anyone is interested.

Update: <HERE'S> the thread on my worm drive lift project

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. myride

myride Well-Known Member

Still winter here....so I stared at her in my garage and sighed a lot.

TinyCamperPro and Sjm9911 like this.
  4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Still cold here in nj too! I feel your pain!

5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We got the lid to the under table storage area done, new batteries installed, disconnected the USB ports (never use them, not in a handy spot). Dewinterized the water system; flushed, sanitized, and filled it.
    Remnants of hibiscus iced tea explosion last year reappeared on the floor. I think the cushioned PVC mat at the sink absorbed it, and washing the mat off didn't get rid of it. Tossed the mats and bought new. At least the purple ghost washed off when I mopped the floor.

neighbormike likes this.
  6. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Always on the lookout for handy camper items that I did not know that I needed.
    This morning I found a 4” usb fan in Walmart for $5.98.
    It moves a surprising amount of air and is very very quiet.
    It will be nice to leave on the counter for when we arent using the turbo Fantastic fan.
    Ed. to add we use a usb extension cord to access the unreachable plug.

7. kitphantom

I'm almost packed for the first trip of the year with the trailer- and I don't even leave until Friday. I keep checking to make sure I have everything either in the TT, or on a list to add to it or the TV later. First few days are in Tucson, so there are stores,as long as I have my Rxs and other things not easily replaced.

neighbormike likes this.
  8. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

kitphantom - sometimes I think packing early just gives you a way to extend out the excitement of going... :)

I got an email confirmation for a university study I participated in. I'm getting $310 in Amazon gift cards for participating!!! So, I'm buying all those things I have on my list that are needed for when I start traveling but are non-exciting. Like a new fire extinguisher, bottle jacks, water jugs, grey water tote, cords and adapters. That lets me buy that "other stuff" I want but don't really need when I get the urge.

kitphantom likes this.
  9. MyName

MyName Active Member

Added a water pump to my sink with an on/off button. Found the sneaky open circuit that has been haunting me for several trips.

Natureangel likes this.
  10. Fuzzy Bear

Fuzzy Bear Active Member

Yesterday I went to colemanpopupparts.com to order a new trim insert for the center of the roof that got damaged knocking the snow off the roof a few weeks ago. $8.95 for a 25' piece which is more than I'll need. Then made the mistake of looking around the pages and ended up buying new bungees for the bunk ends and small dish drainer that will fit in the sink and a couple other small items. So $65 later I should be getting my trim piece in a few days.

Garrity and neighbormike like this.
  11. JiffyPopJunkie

JiffyPopJunkie Active Member

Pushed snow off it for the hundredth time.....and spoke softly with words of encouragement.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  12. kitphantom

Took my first trip solo towing in a year, which went OK - long days are not fun anymore. Still, unless I want to extend my trips or shorten my stays,I have to do them once in a while. My stamina is still not where I wish it was, blame after effects of my head infection last year and/or being in my mid-60s.
    Before I left, we finally tracked down one of the electrical weirdities - a reading of lower voltage inside than at the battery. Courtenay found that the connection nuts on the fuse/relay on frame on the outside were loose. tightened those, all is good.
    At my halfway point, I checked the sway bar for the third time, and found the "pad" loose where it was not under the slider part - it broke off as I touched it. So, I will be looking for a new one while I'm in Tucson.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  13. Fuzzy Bear

Fuzzy Bear Active Member

Got my shipment from colemanpopupparts.com and yesterday actually had a nice day out so decided to get to work. Replaced the trim insert down the middle of the roof then opened her up for the first time this year. Was overjoyed to see no critter damage from over the winter. Replaced the bungee on the front bunk end. Was a little tricky but using an electricians wire snake was able to get it pulled through and all hooked up. Since we were expecting high winds closed it back up but hope to get it opened again next weekend and do the rear bunk end bungee and give it a thorough cleaning.

Sjm9911 and neighbormike like this.
  14. Toedtoes

Saturday I installed th new fridge vent fan. Then I got my $320 in amazon gift cards this weekend so today will have a huge stack of amazon boxes on my door step! Now all I have left to buy is a surge protector/ems, a tarp and a second bottle jack.

Sjm9911, kitphantom and neighbormike like this.
  15. aschumann

aschumann Get OUTSIDE!!

Its been awhile since i have been able to post on here! So we just returned from Destin FL, so i had the joy of cleaning the inside and outside of the camper. That lead me into a DEEP clean with some simple green and rolls of papertowels. The simple green worked great on removing some stains in the canvas from PO. I was very impressed.

On our trip i tried using the outdoor stove on the camper and it sucked so I decided to remove the stove and make it an outdoor shelf/ wash station. I added a faucet inside the nook area and I have a collapsible sink from my tent camping days. To tie in to the pex lines was a chore, i had to remove the kitchen sink to get that done! but after a few hours it was all complete.

Lastly i was able to completely reorganize the front storage compartment and moved some of the factory dividers to make a bit more room...

Sjm9911 and Garrity like this.
  16. Toedtoes

Arrrrrggggggg!!!!

I was so looking forward to my packages yesterday. I did not get them. And I suspect it had something to do with the Amazon delivery person. According to Amazon, my stuff was sent in 4 separate packages. One envelope containing 3 door catches, a box with several lightweight items, a second box with several lightweight items, and a box containing the 20ton bottle jack. The tracking says all four boxes were delivered at 1:56pm. And there is a photo showing my porch with two boxes and one envelope on it. But the bottle jack box is nowhere to be seen even though it was delivered at the same time. Why would the delivery person take a photo without ALL the packages??? And, isnt it curious that the one box not in the photo was a heavy item (perhaps too heavy to take out of the car, set down, take a photo, and then put back in the car???). I've had problems with the Amazon delivery people before - claiming they delivered packages while I was sitting on my porch waiting for them and they never showed, etc.

UPS and USPS have never failed me. And in 20 years, I have never had anything taken from my porch (which can't be seen from the road).

It infuriates me to no end... Now I have to wait until Amazon
    refunds all the money and then I have to reorder everything and wait for it all over again.

End of rant...

17. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Maybe the delivery guy needed it for his pop up?
    In all seriousness, i have it happen all the time, usps was the worst.

18. Toedtoes

My usps is great. So is ups. The amazon delivery people have been absolutely ridiculous.

I had one driver either throw my package over the 6ft fence OR open the gate to my backyard with my dogs right there to put the package down in the backyard. Another delivered to the wrong house. Another went through TWO gates to leave the packages on "the back porch" which was really the narrow walkway between my house and the neighbors and had no cement, door or anything else that could be considered a "porch". It took 3 months for me to find those packages.

At least Amazon is good at reimbursing. They've already given me a $10 credit because the packages didn't arrive on time.

19. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

FINALLY, 2 days with the temps between 45-57 and no rain! Popped her up and no critter damage, just half a dozen or so of dead stink bugs. I am so relieved, she hasn’t been set up since last November.
    I washed the inside down, made the beds, and went through each noock and crany to insure no moisture or problems. My fall routine is to go under the camper to ensure no openings, Irish Spring, rodent determent and bounce.
    Once it’s warmer I’ll wash the canvas and body and I’ll be buying PUGS. My homemade ones are pretty worn out after 2 years.
    Now the long wait till the end of May for my first outing!

kitphantom and neighbormike like this.
  20. DJNC

DJNC New Member

Bought the camper last June. Just checked the spare for the first time Saturday. After cleaning it of dirt and straw and leaves, it looks good. Needed air. Cover was shot and dry rotted. New one to come. But, it was prep work for the next trip. Baby steps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.