Marine Goop....what can't it do!?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by popitup84, May 30, 2013.

1. popitup84

popitup84 New Member

anyone here use marine goop for canvas or roof patches?? or maybe any other repair??? i've bought a few tubes recently and this stuff is absolutely awesome!! is anyone else a gooper?? [8D]

2. saratogaowner

saratogaowner New Member

not really into goop how ever hot glue sticks...

3. popitup84

popitup84 New Member

i recently used some for my roof patches...and for some strange reason we haven't had any rain since i've done it!! so today i ran the hose over the top and this stuff sealed up perfectly!! not a single leak!!! i'm excited and had to share!!

4. piscoot

piscoot Member

I read some reviews about the amount applied and drying time as well as smell, I am curious on the roof application you used it for. Did you use it on vinyl and use a patch? Or just straight out of the bottle? I have a hole that was patched by the previous PO and the patch is ugly and didn't hold. I want to but the vinyl patch kit to match the color.

5. popitup84

popitup84 New Member

I bought some vinyl patches from a guy i found on the web....my vinyl is grey but the patch is a very light grey...but you can't see the roof when she's popped open!! :) and yes straight from the tube...i applied it evenly on the underside if the patch and stuck it on...30 mins later the goop was starting to set-up....then i went around the edges of the patch lightly to sela the edges and applied some to the underside of the patch on the inside of the bunkend....it doesn't smell great but after it's done setting...the smell is gone!!