Super Active Member
Nov 26, 2013
Maryland
2019 Maryland Rally

Martinak State Park
Dates: 7-9 June 2019
time to try out the eastern shore of Maryland. Loop B is electric hookup
Martinak_WelcomeSign.JPG

The park is located with a hardwood and pine forests on the Choptank River and Watts Creek. Modern campsites and boating access are available. Amenities include hiking trails, playground, shelters and a nature center. Pets are allowed in all areas of the park except the shelter and cabins.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
I camped here a few years ago with my kayak group great place to kayak and a Watts Creek full of wildlife although sure don't want to tangle with the Beavers in there . I wouldnt mind coming back, but will have to wait until my brother tells me the actual date of his wedding. So far he told me early June. Then there is a chance I will be dog sitting his dog. So there is a chance I will have to miss out this year.

GalsofEscape

Super Active Member
Nov 26, 2013
Maryland
2019 Maryland Rally

Martinak State Park
Martinak_WelcomeSign.JPG

The park is located with a hardwood and pine forests on the Choptank River and Watts Creek. Modern campsites and boating access are available. Amenities include hiking trails, playground, shelters and a nature center. Pets are allowed in all areas of the park except the shelter and cabins.
And i have site #4... arriving Thursday.

GalsofEscape

Super Active Member
Nov 26, 2013
Maryland
I camped here a few years ago with my kayak group great place to kayak and a Watts Creek full of wildlife although sure don't want to tangle with the Beavers in there . I wouldnt mind coming back, but will have to wait until my brother tells me the actual date of his wedding. So far he told me early June. Then there is a chance I will be dog sitting his dog. So there is a chance I will have to miss out this year.
Hope you can make it (but a wedding would trump a rally)

Orchid

Sharp Shootin' Grandma
May 8, 2011
Florida by way of WV and MD
We used to tent camp at Martinak back in the 90's with our kids. No electric hook ups on either loop back then. One year we were saved by the Grace of God when a tornado hit. We quit camping for about a year, then went back to it.

PointyCamper

Nov 25, 2015
We used to tent camp at Martinak back in the 90's with our kids. No electric hook ups on either loop back then. One year we were saved by the Grace of God when a tornado hit. We quit camping for about a year, then went back to it.
I remember that tornado! Quite an event. Lived a few miles away but still had some pink fiberglass blow into my yard.
That would make me double-think camping too.

PointyCamper

Nov 25, 2015
2019 Maryland Rally

Martinak State Park
Martinak_WelcomeSign.JPG

We signed up and are in 6 and Nephew is in 7.
I Looove camping close to home sometimes :)

Grandpa Hiker

Jun 9, 2013
Sorry, but this will be the first Maryland rally that we will miss. We have a 12-day Alaska trip that conflicts with the Maryland rally. We will miss seeing everybody and hope you have a great time!!

GalsofEscape

Super Active Member
Nov 26, 2013
Maryland
Sorry, but this will be the first Maryland rally that we will miss. We have a 12-day Alaska trip that conflicts with the Maryland rally. We will miss seeing everybody and hope you have a great time!!
so sorry that you will not be able to come - but have a great time in Alaska!!

GalsofEscape

Super Active Member
Nov 26, 2013
Maryland
bump - people are now making camping plans.... the Maryland rally for 2019 is June 7-9 at Martinak State Park on the eastern shore!!

GalsofEscape

Super Active Member
Nov 26, 2013
Maryland
Reminder
2019 Maryland Rally Martinak State Park on the Eastern shore
June 7-9 Loop B!!!

so far:
galsofescape site 4
pointycamper site 6
pointycamper nephew site 7

GalsofEscape