Mattress

M.G.

Apr 28, 2015
California
Hey out there I was just wondering what you guys used to upgrade your mattresses , I have an original 1985 Coleman pop-up in great shape I’m not saying I’m old but at 47 years of age I feel a little pain on the original mattress , my question is I would like to upgrade it for my wife and I , what is it you guys use or where do you go to get it , I live in Los Angeles California area any information be helpful ? thank you
A8D7399F-7263-459F-BA87-D7C86556550C.jpeg

paul327

Apr 6, 2019
Hey out there I was just wondering what you guys used to upgrade your mattresses , I have an original 1985 Coleman pop-up in great shape I’m not saying I’m old but at 47 years of age I feel a little pain on the original mattress , my question is I would like to upgrade it for my wife and I , what is it you guys use or where do you go to get it , I live in Los Angeles California area any information be helpful ? thank you
View attachment 80910
We tried several types of mattresses but my wife disliked them all; then we finally tried an air mattress and she loves it.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
I also did interlocking rubber floor things below my original mattress. Occasionally my little side kick likes to put a mattress pad on top of the mattress to make it doubly comfy as she likes to say. We do have to take the mattress pad off when we close up but can leave the floor tiles where they are. The tiles also give you an added bonus of keeping the chill from the bunk from bleeding through the mattress.

TheBlurb

Mar 28, 2019
I have a memory foam mattress topper on the original foam. Might be 3-4" high - makes for a little squish challenge closing her up. Bought from Costco. So good that the kids want one on their side too.

Oldspurs

Jan 2, 2022
Central Texas
We use the interlocking workout tiles, multicolored, 5/8" thick. We placed on bottom under mattress, then placed a 3" memory foam pad on top. Have to remove pad before closing PUP. As Geriatric Juviniles, we must have comfy place to settle in the evening. Perfection! See you on the trail.

Phil O'Regan

Sep 4, 2020
ATL
+2 on new Foam Factory mattress with custom cover. I replaced an original mattress with one from Foam Factory last year, and just ordered another to replace the other original mattress.

Karen Gay

Silver Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2019
We also use both mattresses on one bunk end. We covered the other with carpet and use it for storage.

Cydnew

Jun 22, 2021
The tiles are great; we put those on both sides. I have some health challenges, so we added a 3” thick King memory foam topper on our side. I unzipped the cover, took a knife and cut 8” off the side, and reinserted it into the cover. It fits perfectly now.
We move it onto the dinette bed when packing up and it fits there. A topper could actually stay in place on the smaller bunk end without removing it for closing up, but the door hits the king side.

upstate family

Jul 20, 2016
Central New York
We have put Zinus mattresses from Amazon in all our RVs. They often go on sale. I tried all the fixes like mattress toppers, foam tiles… My husband and I are both fluffy so they didn’t work well. The Zinus foam mattress works great!