May 2022 - what did you do for your camper?

swsmith

Dec 15, 2021
I added 10 more inches so my vertically challenged wife could get into the bed. I rebuilt 3 corners of the the bed skirting with a stitching awl and new canvas. I primed the roof to be overcoated with rubberized coating when I get back from a couple of weekenders in June at Lake Junaluska/ Maggie Valley, NC. I now have a new cassette toilet for those late nights, and rainy days.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Ok, got the antifreze out of it and am sanitizing it now. Added water to the batteries, I think one side of the older one is fryed. Almost no water was left in it. Ill check it next week to see if its broken or just shot. Eaither way new battery in the future. Also, on the dumb things I did this year list. I put the anode rod in the empty water heater. Usally I stick a rag in it, but last year the threads were a bit rusty, so I put the rod back in and gooped it up with liquid Teflon. This was not a good idea, when I took the rod out of the tank, the whole rod was disintegrated, a white globby mess. So, i needed to clean the water heater out real good. Unfortunate, because the old rod was good. I wonder if it saved the tank from being rusted? Or why it happened. Knowing me, ill fo the same thing next year.....I forget lessons easily.

NLB

Silver Supporting Member
Oct 10, 2021
West Palm Beach, Florida
Ok, got the antifreze out of it and am sanitizing it now. Added water to the batteries, I think one side of the older one is fryed. Almost no water was left in it. Ill check it next week to see if its broken or just shot. Eaither way new battery in the future. Also, on the dumb things I did this year list. I put the anode rod in the empty water heater. Usally I stick a rag in it, but last year the threads were a bit rusty, so I put the rod back in and gooped it up with liquid Teflon. This was not a good idea, when I took the rod out of the tank, the whole rod was disintegrated, a white globby mess. So, i needed to clean the water heater out real good. Unfortunate, because the old rod was good. I wonder if it saved the tank from being rusted? Or why it happened. Knowing me, ill fo the same thing next year.....I forget lessons easily.
I own 1 tap, and 0 dies.
3/4"-14 NPT Pipe Tap,American...

LilRed

Super Active Member
Jan 9, 2021
Long Island NY
Spring repairs after winter slumber. Door spinner at bottome of frame that holds in ceiling mount ripped off. Too cheap and lazy to find the right extra long rivet (and the hole was slightly expanded from ripping out, so I installed a rivet nut and replaced with a machine screw and loctite. 362AA093-FFEC-46ED-A553-D6D94D832838.jpeg 9A956F82-ABDA-4288-B28D-46CF3B137BA8.jpeg F72CBDFB-ABF4-4643-AD96-82C7CC445557.jpeg

Sj flagstaff

Dec 1, 2020
Glen this is the one I installed. My 178fsx was already set up for it so installation was really quick. Reception has been perfect so far no complaints.
Brian

Latest posts