May never go back to tent camping again!

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Kristiecowans, May 17, 2016.

1. Kristiecowans

Kristiecowans Member

[:D] After decades of tent camping we were gifted this Sea Pine, and I gotta say we love it! To test out all the upgraded features (refrigerator, lights, gas range, and stove we decided a test run in Idyllwild, Ca. with full hook-ups was in order. We are in love with our pup and there's no turning back to tent camping! The best part was waking up to rain and instead of panicking and quickly packing up camp to leave-we just turned on our potable heater, had some coffee-and the rain stopped and everything dried up by noon-best time ever! Felt bad for our neighbors in their soggy tents thou [{}=] [PU] [SUN]
    PS, best thing we ever did for our family!

Attached Files:

2. Keith Hawkins

Keith Hawkins Active Member

Welcome to the portal where you will find lots of great advice and even better people.

May I suggest you put the make, model, year of your Tow Vehicle (TV) and your Pop Up (PUP) in your signature line. This way, when you have questions people will more easily be able to answer without asking the same question over and over again.

Happy Camping!

3. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

You were truly blessed to receive that trailer! You will make many great memories with your family while instilling a love of the outdoors into your children.

4. jaredmcvay

jaredmcvay Here for the fun

We took our maiden voyage this past weekend in our pop up and my dear SPOILED wife had already said there would never be another night in a tent in her future, but after this weekend... Let's just say she likes having things like lights, furnace, phone charger... Such is life, I guess.

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

As much as I love my popup especially when the weather get ugly, I do love the versatility of my tent and that I can get into more secluded spots. Down here most river front camping is tent only due to possible flooding. When I go kayak camping the tent is the only way to go or until they devise a way for me to tow my camper with my kayak. [LOL]. Then again, if it is raining, snowing, windy, or cold I LOVE my popup. I sleep better in the popup vrs on the air mattress in the tent. I love the fact I can extend my camping season by the use of the popup. So I am no longer limited to how nice of a day it is. However my biggest hurdle is the fact I have to store my trailer off site vrs my tent that can stay in the shed. I can grab a tent faster then it is for me to drive to storage verify everything is working and safe to drive and backtracking to camp. Airing the trailer out after a trip requires me sitting around at the storage lot. The tent I can throw over a line in the back yard until dry. So to say I love both ways of camping as they both have their positive's and negatives. I still camp both ways, and if the popup is out of order, I'll grab a tent. I'm not letting anything stop me from going on a camping trip. [CP]

6. Kristiecowans

Kristiecowans Member

True! Good points really! My friends & I do love to camp in remote spots also, so I haven't given away my tents just yet! We have to store ours off -site too so it's a little more work grabbing everything and going -but it does extend the csmping season considerably. I will be taking it out to Joshua Tree in July (w/temps posibly in the 100's), something I would never do in a tent!!!

7. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Better get that gizmos for the bunkhead and inside... It will trap the cold air from AC and keep the cold air inside. Or you will dehydrate at Joshua Tree National Park!

8. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

Amen sista! no tent for me since 2011!

Welcome to the forum [;)]

9. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

We had a trailer for camping since 2009, but we still kept tents for tent camping once a while. Some campgrounds are located in the middle of a lake. We bring a tent to go boating/kayaking fishing camping.

10. Kristiecowans

Kristiecowans Member

[SUN] I've got the Gizmos and the aluminum bubble wrap for some of the Windows! I'm going to be attending a conference during the day so only need it to be cool enough to sleep. Hope they work as well as everyone says!

11. generok

generok Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. I still tent camp for hunting and stuff, but for the family, I don't think I could go back to a tent.

I'm really wanting to move to a TT, the popping up and down, especially in the rain, is getting to me. It rains a lot here.

But I have never even taken the family tent out of the shed since the PUP rolled in to town, and I suspect I won't any time soon.

Congrats and enjoy!

12. HiFiDave

HiFiDave Singin round the campfire

Ahhh decades of tent camping, sure had my share of that too. But as you say, isn't is soooo nice when the rain storm dumps and you sit back in the nice dry pop up, sip some hot coffee/cocoa and laugh at it all. Our E1 doesn't keep us from getting tent camping remote either with it's high clearance 15 inch wheels. At our age, we will never tent camp again and at our age, the pup is beginning to wear thin too as it relates to set up. We are not a young couple with kids and likely our lives will turn to a TT before to long. Sadly with that, some of the more remote camping we LOVE to do will go away...sigh.

Enjoy!

13. Kristiecowans

Kristiecowans Member

That's great you get your pup in remote spots! And I totally understand as one gets older....those "creature comforts" become nessissary!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk