MB camping?

Discussion in 'Biking' started by Arlyn Aronson, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

Not sure but lets see if anyone else camps like this,,, or even cares. We are MBers, hikers, XC (that's cross country ski) plus we work on trails. We got our first PU about 8 year ago and liked it but rarely used its extra bed and owned only one tow machine heavy enough to pull it since it weighted in at about 1400lbs dry. We usually camp at locations without services and in the past 8 years, I believe we've only been to one or two CG with showers etc, etc. Are we roughing it??? With that in mind we looked for and ended up with a 6ft livenlite quick silver camper which could we quickly set up while still attached to the tow machine. This camper at just 600lbs we could tow with any auto we own. Now we can throw a MB bike into our auto, along with food and supplies (we do like to eat!) and head to a trail head in very short order. Most of our trips are based around mountain bike rides someplace within 4 hours of here like Cable WI. Love to camp, but its really about the great rides with friends.

Anyone else do this??? I'll try attach a couple of photo taken during these trips.

2. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

OK, I think I've got photo thing mastered. [}:)]

Attached Files:

3. clydee

clydee Member

i really like the tandem MB

very cool!

4. inthedirt

inthedirt Active Member

I camp so that I can stay out riding longer. Takes a good 1.5-2hrs to get to my favorite riding area, so why not stay the night? Of course, I'm talking about dirt bikes, but you get the idea. There are 5 in my family, but not everybody likes to ride all at the same time. So, I need a big Pup to fit us, our gear/food, and the dogs.