MD: Questions for anyone that has camped at Assateague STATE park, MD

Discussion in 'Maryland' started by Tomminny, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Tomminny

Tomminny 2004 Jayco Qwest 10K

We have a site (Loop C, Site 10) at Assateague State Park the last week of June. Where are water spigots located in the loops?
    Anyone have a suggestion as to where to eat some of the local seafood?
    Also, does anyone know how much Kayak rentals are at the park?

Thanks!
    Tom

2. critter

critter Member

Re: Questions for anyone that has camped at Assateague STATE park, MD

I have always state at the National Park so I can't answer that one, but there are alot of seafood places up and down the strip in Ocean City. It is about 15 minutes away. You have Phillips which is kind of pricey and if you look around you can find all kinds of AYCE crab places that also serve shrimp, etc.

3. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

I am sitting in my PUP looking across the bay at Assateague State Park. It is about 90 degrees and the sun is beating down. We went the pricey root this time and staying at a private campground with all amenities. We rode through the park, but didn't notice where the water spigots were. I would call the park and ask. One suggestion is to bring lots of bug spray. When were there last year, the mosquitos were about the size of birds. If we have time, we will drive through the park and let you know about the water situation in you loop. Can't make any promises, but will try. As for good seafood, I would suggest the harbor near Ocean City. There is a great seafood restaurant on Chinteaque Island, can't rember the name, but it is on the bay not too far from the Hampton Inn.

4. Rustyk

Rustyk New Member

We go to Oc. every year and stay at Frontier Town. The Green Turtle is a good and fair priced place to eat. If you can try to eat on the side on Rt. 50 that you are on. Once you cross the bridge the prices go up. But a few places we like to go on the boadwalk are Brass Balls, for a good band and jerk chicken between 2nd, and 1st behind and upstairs is a GREAT little bar (kids are welcome) that has a carribian feeling to it. STAY AWAY from the Paul Revere all you can eat it's awlful. on Rt 50 the Bull And The Bear is good as well. Take a screen room to sit in. The bugs on the island can eat you alive and if they were any bigger they would carry small children away. Also there is a GREAT italian rest. up around 15 st. ont the boardwalk as well. You can park at the public lot at the end of the boardwalk. unless yopu get lucky and find on street parking. Pm me if you have any more questions.

5. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

Just got back from Assateqgue State Park. They wouldn't let us ride through the campground. But, we did find out that the water station is between the G & H loops. You can fill your tank there. We carry 4 extra 5 gallon mylar water bags to haul water if we need it. There are a lot of places around the water to rent kayaks. We are at Castaways RV Park and they rent them here.

6. Tomminny

Tomminny 2004 Jayco Qwest 10K

Thank you so much for taking the time to check that out for us! Also, thanks for the info! We will bring extra water containers as well!!!

Take care and enjoy the rest of your vacation!!!!!!!!
    Tom

7. LynnAllen02

LynnAllen02 Active Member

This site has lots of info including bike rental, clam rake rental etc!

http://assateaguecamping.com/

Lynn