Meanwhile , across the pond

Discussion in 'RV Industry & Camping Related News' started by Sjm9911, May 21, 2020 at 12:45 PM.

1. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-police-raids-campers-cornwall-095242221.html

firepit likes this.
  2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Do we have to raise bail money for Bobinfleet?

3. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

Looks like a beautiful spot to camp though. Hopefully the restructions will lift there soon.

4. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

Finally....Some consequences for not following rules.
    Slap them all with fines and send a message.

You cannot just suggest anything and leave it at that and expect it to work.
    Human nature is to push boundaries.

5. LaneG

LaneG Member

Personally I don't get it. If people want to be out doing things then they should be allowed. If you're worried about catching Covid, then stay home. People need to be able to deal with the consequences of their actions. I don't like this "police state" mentality that some governments are taking. My own included. In my area the county prosecutor is charging people with criminal actions for opening up business like a barber shop and a gym. What's coming next?

6. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

"Experience hath shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.” - Thomas Jefferson.

7. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

“There were some people who thought that living moderately and avoiding any excess might help a great deal in resisting this disease, and so they gathered in small groups and lived entirely apart from everyone else...Others thought the opposite: they believed that drinking excessively, enjoying life, going about singing and celebrating, satisfying in every way the appetites as best one could, laughing, and making light of everything that happened was the best medicine for such a disease; so they practiced to the fullest what they believed by going from one tavern to another all day and night, drinking to excess; and they would often make merry in private homes, doing everything that pleased or amused them the most.”

-Giovanni Boccaccio 1348 writing in Florence on the Black Death

8. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Covid 19 be not Bubonic Plague, Apples be not Oranges!- Old Geezer writing on popupportal 2020. :eek:

9. Dave Brick

Dave Brick El Cheapo Family Camper

Exactly right. "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

10. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

This thread is like a poetry lesson....
    Do as i say....not as i do!