Medora Camp Ground

Discussion in 'North Dakota' started by jbirdt2001@yahoo.com, Mar 15, 2017.

1. jbirdt2001@yahoo.com

jbirdt2001@yahoo.com Active Member

Medora campground in historic Medora North Dakota is a great little camp ground with a swimming pool and general store. Many shops museums and cafes are in the restored town of Medora which also is host to the Medora Musical that plays all summer season long. Theodore Roosevelt National Park is all around Medora with trail rides and tours. This may be your biggest most memorable camping event of the year.

2. Martlee

Martlee New Member

I grew up in southwest North Dakota. Can't comment on the Medora campground but highly recommend going to the Medora musical. I have a brother that is real close in Beach, North Dakota and he camps at Buffalo Gap Campground that is real close to Medora. It is a nice secluded place and yet close to Medora.

3. Jwwiff

Jwwiff Member

We just stayed at the Medora campground (Sept 13-14) directly across from the Medora Musical. Typical RV campground where the sites are not quite on top of each other. We had water and power at the site although the ground was open (electrically). We took power from the adjacent site since it was empty and close. The campground fix-it guy was by the next morning to look at it. He didn’t fix it as it was raining out that morning.

Generally, the bathrooms were clean. The campground was mostly full for the weekend but cleared out when we were there. Cold weather and rain shortened quite a few comers.

The Fondu Steak Fry and Medora Musical were very good. Pricey, but made the stay worthwhile. Access to Teddy Roosevelt National Park was close and the drive through the park was great! Much like the Badlands in SD, but more colorful.

Many of the shops in town had closed because of the season being basically over for the hard core RVers and campers. If you are going to TRNP, then this is a good campground. Because of the short notice, I didn’t investigate others in the area.

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Sounds like y'all had an enjoyable trip and the meal sounded delicious and the entertainment was very enjoyable. Good Luck and happy Camping in the future

5. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

We drove by that NP on the way to Yellowstone a couple summers ago and I'd love to go back. I'd rather camp in the NP though, looks like the sites at this campground are pretty small.