Memory Foam Winterization?

Hey all. It’s time for us to winterize our (new to us) Jayco Jay 1206. We feel solid on our plumbing winterization but wonder if we need to bring our 3” memory foam topper inside for the winter. The whole summer it was just inside on the bed and we are lucky enough that the camper closes with it in place. Will we wreck it by leaving it compressed and frozen over the winter? What’s worked for you? We are in Minnesota so cold here is at or near zero Fahrenheit for way too much of the winter.

Greg H

Mar 22, 2019
Ontario, Canada
We’ve left ours in place for the past 2 winters with no ill effects. Toronto isn’t quite as cold as Minnesota, but we still get exposed to significant cold spells. Ours is only 2” and doesn’t compress much, but there’s no permanent indentations or anything from where the bunk end cross bar (or whatever it’s called) squishes down the bed.

jeepster04

Nov 23, 2010
Long as mice dont get to it, the cold temps wont hurt it.

I also have a 1206 and last time I camped, I decided I needed to either replace the pads or use a good topper. Do you remember what you went with?

Long as mice dont get to it, the cold temps wont hurt it.

I also have a 1206 and last time I camped, I decided I needed to either replace the pads or use a good topper. Do you remember what you went with?

we purchased this one and ordered a full size for the rear bunk which is closer in size to a Queen.
https://www.target.com/p/3-in-1-gel...e/-/A-83709887?preselect=83784088#lnk=sametab

We placed it on top of the OEM mattress and we sleep so well! We also have the 1/2” interlocking anti fatigue mats under the mattresses on both ends of the pup. We are able to close it all up without removing it which is a game changer for me. After spending my entire life tent camping (48 years, my parents started me out as an infant) I’m sooooooo over uncomfortable sleeps. I make the bed with sheets before we roll out and then top with the appropriate number of comforters once we set up camp. All the blankets for the family of 4 store in a vacuum seal bag in the large compartment/cabinet near the front (king bunk). We really have loved this topper. Sleep well out there!

We’ve left ours in place for the past 2 winters with no ill effects. Toronto isn’t quite as cold as Minnesota, but we still get exposed to significant cold spells. Ours is only 2” and doesn’t compress much, but there’s no permanent indentations or anything from where the bunk end cross bar (or whatever it’s called) squishes down the bed.

thanks a ton! This helps me convince the hubby it’s ok there.

Sweetpea

Mar 31, 2021
St. Paul, Minnesota
I honestly had to look back to see if it was me that asked that question, thanks for answering momnipotent!! So glad to hear that, I left my flannels on too, they always smell so fresh after taking them out of storage.