Met my 1st Rude Popup Owners this Weekend

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by froggie, Jun 30, 2013.

1. shawnba

shawnba Shitters full!!!

Perhaps a light opera played at 430am in their general direction....does the volume control go to 11.......lol

2. JungleJim

JungleJim New Member

I grew up camping at South Higgins Lake SP every summer. It was never like that. I've had my family camping there a few times now. One of those times, there was a very loud group...mostly very loud music...and they were in a totally different section, yet very still very loud. I drove up to the front gate, showed them the rules that we were handed, and asked them to put a stop to it so my child could sleep at 1:30 AM. It did stop shortly afterwards, but why did I have to go say anything? Why doesn't Michigan enforce their own rules anymore?

I took a group of my buddies up there our senior year (30 years ago). We were all well behaved. A ranger came up to us as we were walking after dark and asked why we were not at our campsite and where we were headed (it was about 9::00 PM if I remember correctly). They've gone from that...to letting people turn up their music as loud as they want at any time.

3. backwoodzbum

backwoodzbum New Member

Pack some ear plugs [;)] Ironically the kids never complain it is just the adults...lol. hell to get old. [{:)]

4. steved

steved New Member

That's why I like state parks, no alcohol (which tends to bring out the best in people).

5. CamL48

CamL48 New Member

Retaliation eliminates your right to complain, as you have engaged in the same offense as the other guy. The fact that "he did it first" is irrelevant, unless you're 6 years old. Retaliation also seldomly feels as good in actuality as it seems like it would on paper. Good for you for taking the high road.

6. Darn

Darn Pup to Hybrid

Oops, that could be me [:D] specially if I've been drinking [SNZ] [SNZ]

7. Skoshi

Skoshi New Member

Ditto... we have a normal group of 6-8 people... we usually get around 5 sites and base camp is usually the one that is the furthest from the people not in our group... preferably when reserving them that is also the one with the best water access (kayakers) I try to then place the remaining campers arranged out from the base camp from the ones that stay up the latest to the ones that go to bed first on the outside edge.

We have also been known to "shh" each other. usually with a "dude... too loud..." and if that doesn't do it... well.. I just make myself the wuss that goes to bed early... that's an excuse for someone else to do it also... and pretty soon you are down to 2-3 and it gets quiet.

The main cause of noise is that it's all tent campers... and tent campers have to worry more about raccoons and rain... so our stuff has always been in the cars after dark and that means every snack or drink ends up being a car door close... and I do know that is obnoxious too.