1. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Opened camper today for the first time. Fixing roof seal,I could smell the tell take sign of mice,the strong scent of urine! [V] [V]Opened it up, and found a nest on front bunk. Good thing it was on top of an old mattress topper. Threw that away,and vacuumed off mouse droppings from the mattress that came with camper. Didn't look soiled or eaten,so washed that,and now drying on deck railing. Foam we just sprayed with a pet urine deodorizer. Hoping that works. Good news is that the mattress topper,was too small for bunk. Was from previous camper,and we wanted to replace it anyways. Now I have the excuse to go shopping for another! [:D] [:D] Found that I left a roll of toilet paper in shower enclosure, and that was the building material for the mouse condo. [:(!]

2. Birdwoman26

Birdwoman26 New Member

We have had mice in our old pup a couple of times. Yuck!! Best thing that keeps them away is some used cat litter placed around in containers.

3. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Not another odor I'd want in the camper. It's popped up, with windows open,to let air out. Put moth balls in to try to force out any remaining mice. Tomorrow night starts a heavy cleaning. Found a bolt missing from one of the slides for the front bunk. Time to check everything out.

4. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Try Fresh Cab. I stored my Pup in what was essentially a barn in rural Kansas and didn't have any hint of mice when we opened it up in April.
    http://www.earthkind.com/products/featured-fresh-cab-rodent-repellent

Attached Files: