Michigan Campground Reservation System Upgradeing

Discussion in 'Reservation Systems' started by bondo54, Oct 27, 2012.

1. bondo54

bondo54 Active Member

In November 2013, the Michigan Department of Natural Resources will transition to a new, improved campground reservation system (CRS) that manages state park and harbor reservations. Below is the link to the news release from the DNR

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153--289085--,00.html

2. mamabean5

mamabean5 Well-Known Member

thanks for the update bondo. Wonder what changes, as users, we will see. I know right now, one of the links on Holly Rec Area takes you to Holland State Park. Been that way for over a year. I just work around it. Going to be interesting to see what happens. Keep us updated if you hear any more information. Thanks again!

3. haroldpe

haroldpe Campin' Engineer

wow!

If I interpret this correctly, and if it all goes down as stated, we should be okay, since May thru November we don't make camping ressies anyway (always try for the 6 month planning ahead). As long as it is fully up and running in November, that is!

"Camping ... window ... will begin to shrink in May 2013 and will be accepted through the current system through the end of October 2013. Reservations in the new system will be accepted at the beginning of November 2013, when the six-month window for advance reservations will be restored."

4. mamabean5

mamabean5 Well-Known Member

That's how I interpreted it Haroldpe. I'm just hoping they have the bugs worked out before we need to make ressies for the MI rally! I'd hate for us to get caught in a big snafu. [:!]