Minnesota Camping Facebook Group

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Jayko, May 10, 2015.

1. Jayko

Jayko Jayco 141J aka Big Bertha

Hello fellow Minnesotian Camper.

I just started a Facebook group for those of us who live in and like to camp in Minnesota. It's a place to share photos, tips, stories of your trips, the good, the bad and the ugly. Let's keep it light on the ugly.

We can also share photos of your mods, tips for storage, purchases and the challenges we as Minnesotian campers face.

Should you be interested in joining the group, ask to be a member at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/507837766037670/

2. Jayko

Join us.

3. Jayko

Anyone Campimg in Minnesota this
    Memorial Weekend?

4. Byrd_Huntr

Byrd_Huntr Well-Known Member

Hate to see you getting no replies. I am not a Facebook fan for a long list of reasons, or I would join. It does sound like it would be fun.

Minnesota is a unique state with four biomes, an inland sea, hundreds of miles of coastline, the most inland seaport in the nation, cliffs, caves, woods, prairies, cactus, rattlesnakes, mountain lions, bears, wolves, moose, bald eagles, and with two huge national forests, 13,000 lakes, hundreds of rivers, and 67+ state parks, there is a bewildering array of choices for camping and outdoor activities.

Anyone starting out or interested in trying some new places would benefit greatly from a group like the one you created.

5. Byrd_Huntr

How's that for a compound sentence?

6. redneckgearhead

redneckgearhead New Member

Moved to MN this past January, loving it. Picked up our first pup, a few months ago. Well be camping in Oak park Kamp ground in June. We camp on major holidays at a friends lake property with 4-5 other campers. The public ones are just to crazy on holidays for us. I'm on fb and will check out your page.

7. TDS-MN

TDS-MN Active Member

I'm not on FB, but my wife is, maybe if I remember, I will have her check it out some time when we have a chance. We don't have any trips booked yet, so far I have only had the pup out to Brainerd one weekend. Have a few weddings and a grad party this summer, might challenge us for get-away weekends. Do have a couple of other couples that we've talked with about trying sand scheduling weekends away with, but have not made any steps to finalize yet.

8. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Somehow missed this thread until now. I'll definitely join up.

9. Byrd_Huntr

We usually stay home on the holiday weekends. We have reservations at Moose Lake and Upper Sioux Agency SP for later.

We were on the DNR website on a late weekday evening checking a favorite park for MEA weekend in October, debating whether to take the last available spot in the electric loop. It is a crummy spot with the table and fire ring on the wrong side of the camper, but we love that park in the fall. As we debated, the icon turned red....rented right out from under us!

We will go south instead for MEA this year, to Myre - Big Island.

10. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

I just joined, pending approval. Looking forward to it.

11. BarbaraFaith

BarbaraFaith New Member

Didn't camp last summer, and will sit out again this summer due to DH & I rehabbing from health issues. I will participate on facebook. Great idea Jayko.

12. Jayko

Hello, join us if your in Minnesota.