Missed another one today

Clueless

I use to have a handle on life but it broke.
Apr 6, 2011
A coworker told me he saw a nice looking pup on the way to work this morning. I figured it was probably some $7-10,000 2010 model but figured what the hell and drove the 30 minutes to go find it. I drove past the place where he said he saw it but didn't see any camper around at all. I drove the entire length of this road but never saw it. I turned around and about where he said it was (which was in front of a factory) I looked back in the parking lot and saw a gorgeous little 2005 Cobalt folded down with 2 guys standing next to it. I rolled down my window and asked them if that was the camper that was for sale. They both looked at each other and one guy smiled at the other but neither one answered me. So I asked if it was still for sale and the same goofy looks took place and finally the one guy said "yes it's sold".

If there's one thing that >censored< me off more than missing a great deal on the absolute perfect pup is the fact that I was the one that help close the deal for the seller!!!! [:(!]
They were apparently just talking about price as I pulled up and the buyer pulled the trigger and jumped on it.

He got it for $2500!!!

I gave him my number because he said his wife didn't know he was going to buy it and he might have buyers remorse.

I hope his wife slaps him silly for buying it.

Now if y'all will excuse me I got some basket ball sized holes in my drywall I need to repair. [:(]

missnanc

Give me the fresh outdoors!
Oct 18, 2010
Clueless, breathe easy, in and out...... now be patient. Your camper will come along just when you least expect it. Try to imagine, that yep, you probably did seal the deal on that camper with the rotting floor, and the leaking roof, but now it is that guy's problem and not yours. [;)]

colorado_camper

Super Active Member
Apr 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
@Clueless - Have you looked at Craigslist? That's where I got mine from last year. My neighbor is searching (sounds like) equally hard for a PUP here in Denver and checks CL all the time. He's walking around with the cash in his pocket but is coming a close second on everything that shows up, at least so far. I don't know where you are in SC but I just had a look at Charleston and there are a few listed there. They move very quick at this time of year.

friartuck

Super Active Member
Nov 1, 2007
Perry, MI
Hey Cluess, I've got a sweet little '02 Yuma for sale. Of course it's in Michigan, but that's just a little out of your way [8D]
(OW! Quit hitting me :) )

Clueless

Apr 6, 2011
missnanc - Trust me... I imagined/dreamed last night about more than just rotted floors and leaking roofs. [}:)] It involved broken shins,burnt marshmallows and out of control camp fires. LOL
ooops.... Did I type that out loud? [:D]

And yup Friartuck and Tripod..... I do want a pup in a bad way (think OCD on steroids lol). I have spent probably close to (if not more than) 100 hours scouring CL and any other ads I can think of almost every hour on the hour.
Matter of fact I didn't even share the other horror story I had yesterday about a garage kept mint condition 2006 Jayco 12HW that I missed by 1 day. sold for $3,400.

I do have a glimmer of hope today though. All I need is a phone call from the seller telling me all the paperwork is in order and I just might be one happy camper (literally) tomorrow if it all works out. If it does, y'all will hear about it. lol

fingers crossed :)

cwolfman13

Super Active Member
Feb 9, 2011
Clueless said:
missnanc - Trust me... I imagined/dreamed last night about more than just rotted floors and leaking roofs. [}:)] It involved broken shins,burnt marshmallows and out of control camp fires. LOL

And yup Friartuck and Tripod..... I do want a pup in a bad way (think OCD on steroids lol). I have spent probably close to (if not more than) 100 hours scouring CL and any other ads I can think of almost every hour on the hour.
Matter of fact I didn't even share the other horror story I had yesterday about a garage kept mint condition 2006 Jayco 12HW that I missed by 1 day. sold for $3,400.

I do have a glimmer of hope today though. All I need is a phone call from the seller telling me all the paperwork is in order and I just might be one happy camper (literally) tomorrow if it all works out. If it does, y'all will hear about it. lol

Best of luck....and keep that chin up. It will come!

friartuck

Super Active Member
Nov 1, 2007
Perry, MI
Really - good luck to you. I know the feeling, I went to look at an '04 Utah last year to pull up 5 minutes behind someone else. And even though I was a cash deal, the seller stood true to his first come first serve. (I respect him for that but dang!) Got a better newer unit by waiting for this year - but a lot more money too!
Your turn will come!

missnanc

Give me the fresh outdoors!
Oct 18, 2010
Clueless said:

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

cwolfman13

Super Active Member
Feb 9, 2011
Clueless said:

So what happend? Are you a p'up owner?

RockerNJ

Jul 20, 2010
Dunkles said:
If you haven't tried List Alert http://www.list-alert.com/ yet, do so. It's a free service that notifies you when new Craigs List postings matching your criteria are listed!

When I was pup shopping, I actually wrote my own app similar to this (I'm an applications developer for a living).

I would parse CL every 5 minutes and send a text message to my phone with any new listings that weren't in the parse from the previous parse 5 mins before.

Even calling people back within an hour of getting the text message, I'd get people telling me their pup was already sold.

In the end, I actually wound up buying used from a dealer.

Clueless

Apr 6, 2011
Nothin wolfman. I got nothin. I've even called him 3 times today. I'm still holding out hope though. Hell it's all I got. If I do end up getting this pup you'll see why I'm desperately holding out. Deals like this don't come my way often (if ever) so even though I'm bummin bad I still have some hope.
hmmmm... If I had some "change" I could run for president. [:D]

I did run across this beauty today while continuing my search. I think just a little TLC and I'd be all set. Whatya think? [:D]

http://charleston.craigslist.org/grd/2338086171.html

Dunkles - Thanks for the heads up on that Alert thingy. I promptly filled it out! [;)]

RotnMom

Am I there yet?
Apr 4, 2011
Don't feel bad....I'm helping a friend search and the SAME older lady has sold both of hers right out from under us. I'd call to make appt and she'd say, 'awww I sold it'. TWICE!! LOL

But hey...you should check out CL for Roanoke, VA...there are always PUPs around here for sale.

[:D]

Clueless

Apr 6, 2011
Holy cow RotnMom!!!! You ain't kidding! Do you wanna swing by and check out that 1998 Cheyenne for me!? That one doesn't look to bad.

I gotta go look at more. lol

Edit... Just realized it's over 300 miles away.

RotnMom

Am I there yet?
Apr 4, 2011
I wish folks would add at least 2 interior photos!

3 hours isn't much for a great deal. Shoot, if you planned it right, you could look at several in one trip!! I'm headed to NC tomorrow for Merlefest, but if you ever need someone to look at something local (here) give a shout.

[:D]

LisaFree

Mar 2, 2011
What part of SC are you in? I'm in Florence. I bought my N2U popup in Fayetteville last month. I found it on the Eastern NC Craigslist. I hadn't even been watching that particular CL, but decided to check it out and sure enough there was a pup that had what I was after. We met up in Fayetteville the same day and I bought it. I had also looked at one over in Myrtle Beach the week before but the fellow wouldn't budge on his price so I passed.

Have you been watching the Greenville CL? When I was looking I saw a bunch of pups up that way. Myrtle Beach and Charleston seemed to have a fair number of pups show up too, but for whatever reason Greenville seemed to have the most!

I was also watching the inventory at Tom Johnson Camping Center in NC. I read here on the Portal that they don't like to hang onto the older pups they get on trade ins so they'll bargain with you. I never contacted them because it seemed like every one I was interested in was all the way up in Marion which is a good 4-5 hour drive from me, but you might want to check them out. http://www.tomjohnsoncamping.com/Page.aspx/type/ANB/sc/Price/sd/ASC/pageId/30553/view/InventoryList/Inventory.aspx

Clueless

Apr 6, 2011
Hey Lisa! Yup G-ville is where I call home. There are a bunch listed around here but unfortunately the good ones are sold and the seller doesn't bother the remove the listing. Others are just plain crazy priced or rotted nightmares. I called one of them the other day and when I asked the guy about the condition/age of the tires he simply replied.. "I don't know, they go around so I guess they're ok." [:!]
Thanks for the heads up on that Tom Johnson place. I'll keep an eye on it. I see they have an 2001 Jayco that is in my price range. Wonder how bad they wanna get rid of it. lol

Thanks for the kind offer Rotnmom. I just might have to take you up on that. lol But for now I'm hoping to find something a little closer. For now.

Latest posts