MO - Near Truman Lake?

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by drno1, Jul 18, 2009.

1. drno1

drno1 Those who say it cannot be done get out of our way

We're looking to drive down to the Truman Lake area and check out the campgrounds surrounding it, as this is very close to our house and could make for weekend excursions.

I'd like to get folks' recommendations for campgrounds around Truman Lake. We are the type of campers who like shaded sites if possible, and ideally we are not on top of other campers, having some space between us and the next group.

Anyone have thoughts?

thanks!
    [PU] [TV]

2. Canoecamper

Canoecamper New Member

We haven't been down there for years, but I would be interested in your recommendations if you go there. We also like heavily wooded sites and plenty of space. :)

3. drno1

drno1 Those who say it cannot be done get out of our way

We're going down to check out two places that were recommended to us, Long Shoal and Osage Bluff. Just driving down today to check them out, as we cannot camp this weekend(Waiting on our first grandchild to be born!)

We'll let you know what we find out!

Thanks!
    [PU] [TV]

4. Mrs_P

Mrs_P Claremore, OK

Is Truman Lake, Warsaw Missouri??? If so, I remember DH and I went down there one summer and OMG! I fell in love with that place. Their obersvation center is AWESOME the way it hangs over the cliff with a complete view of the water. Let us know it turns out, because we may have to make a trip there as well..

5. Stardust_8

Stardust_8 New Member

Yes, this thread is 3yrs old, but still has useful info, so I'll add another campground on Truman Lake...Bucksaw Campground, about 12-15mi east and south of Clinton Missouri.

6. FourQueens

FourQueens New Member

DW and I were waiting to pic DS up from scout camp just down the road and decided to camp at Tally Bend last year. Plenty of shady spots . The bathrooms and showers were clean too.