Models with Slide and U-shaped Dinette

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by PopUpChrisH, Jul 13, 2021.

1. PopUpChrisH

PopUpChrisH New Member

I have been looking for a used pop-up for awhile and looking for some advice.
    We would like a model that has a slide out and the u-shaped dinette that’s at the back.
    Would like to stay under 3000 GVWR.
    Is there particular models I should be looking at that meet these requirements?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  2. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

New or used?

3. PopUpChrisH

PopUpChrisH New Member

used. Sorry. Will edit.

4. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

5. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

In my experience, with a U dinette on the end, you won't even miss the slide. :)

6. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

. From the units I’ve looked at in my search all the units with a slideout the GVWR are just under 3500. I do not have have a u shape couch but my Utah has a gross weight of 3500 the stated dry weight was 2500 but that’s a lie. When I weighed the unit just after picking it up it was actually closer to 3000 without gear. That slideout is quite heavy.

7. zak99b5

zak99b5 Active Member

Rockwood 1980 meets the weight and u-dinette requirements. Not so much the slide out though.

U dinette hinders access to the rear bunk. But that’s ok as I sleep in the front.

8. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

I have a U-shaped sofa in front of my bunk and it's why I picked that bunk. Makes it much easier and safer to get in and out. (It's a highwall and it's a climb. The other bunk has a dinky step. Yeah the kids can deal with that.)

9. tfischer

tfischer A bad day camping beats a good day at the office

I have a hard time seeing the use case for a slide dinette along with a U-shaped dinette. Unless you're having guests over indoors a lot, the pup just isn't big enough for that many people (sleeping and storage-wise, as well as just walking around)

10. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

That's going to be a tall order on a 3000 lbs budget. Slides add quite a bit of weight. Our Starcraft without a slide was over 3000 lbs when loaded.

11. zak99b5

zak99b5 Active Member

Mine's not a highwall. We put the front table (would go between the two benches up front) on the rail outside, so we have the table set up in the u-dinette. So in our camper the front is easier.

12. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I would agree, going to be really hard to find one with a GVWR under 3,000 lbs. The slide alone normally guarantees a weight north of 3300-3500 lbs. I love my dinette slide, but it does come at the cost of extra weight and reduced cargo room.

13. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

I actually wanted one back when we bought our PUP, but couldn't find one that wasn't junk. I added a screen room to the one we had and that was my hangout in the evening.