Moisture

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by windjammer, Mar 10, 2016.

1. windjammer

windjammer Rather be Camping. "All that wonder are not lost!"

What suggestions does anyone have when you wake up and inside windows are wet with condensation? Thanks.

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We have found that it is a bit more difficult to maintain air circulation in the TT than it was in the pups. We have two roof vents, so we added MaxxAir covers so we can leave them open even in the rain.
    We have a fan over the stove, so we clip,the outside flap open so there is some air movement, without running the fan.
    Even with all that, under some conditions, we still get some condensation. We just let it dry.

3. windjammer

We agree. We put towels in Windows, turn on fans. This helps some. Foggy windows. You are so right. When we had PU was as bad.

4. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

save up the small dry packs... found in medicine bottles, camera box and stuff... throw them on floor... when you set down the camper.

5. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

If your talking about when your camping in the spring or fall, just crack open a couple windows and use a fan to promote air movement.. If while in storage, but a couple of those damp rid things from the dollar store...

6. blondedriver

blondedriver Member

its the natural moisture in the air hitting the cold windows.

1 at Walmart there is a product called " Damp Rid" just open plastic lid and leave in open area out of the way.
    2 do the sock filled with kitty litter trick for cars to help with fogging windows.
    3 always turn on the range fan when cooking and open vent in bathroom when bathing.

7. webhannet

webhannet Member

You can also buy solar motorized air vent fans at West Marine. These can be altered so one blows out while the other blows in - with NO electrical draw on your system.. Quiet automatic operation. If you get the models without backup battery. they'll only work in sunshine. Night time operation brings in MORE moisture. They also come with a plg to stop airflow. These are designed to work IN RAIN too.

These vents also use the power of the wind to create a natural airflow for ventilation anytime the wind blows or when your towing.

8. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I leave a vent open in the bathroom and this seems to keep things nice and dry...One thing we do if it is cold we do not use the furnace, we have a small ceramic heater and we usually have to turn it down because it gets so hot.

9. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

If I have electricity, I run a small space heater and the air conditioning. The heater raises the inside temp high enough for the ac compressor to run, which dries the air.

10. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

I don't run the heat during the night and having lots ventilation. I only encountered mild condensation once until I opened a couple of windows and left the roof vent open...no issues since.

11. windjammer

Thanks to all. Will try your suggestions.