Mont Orford Camping

Discussion in 'Quebec' started by murcielago, Jun 13, 2020.

1. murcielago

murcielago New Member

Hey Campers,

So, last year we went to Camping Mont Orford at the end of the season.
    it was great, kids loved it and people were all nice. (17yr,7yr,5yr)

It's pretty booked up for the near future so we are looking for something similar.

The weather wasn't the greatest and our teenager had some school work to finish up.
    There was a center she was able to use the wifi and do homework on the laptop. Super amazing.

Also the bathrooms were amazing!! This is one of our (my wifes) strongest selling points..

So, anyone else know of any great places camping places not too far from Montreal, QC (2 hrs) with great bathrooms.. lol

2. mandinga

mandinga Active Member

I didn't know there was camping at Orford! I had a cottage growing up 5 km from the hill. Its where I learned to ski. When I lived in Montreal, I did all my camping in Ontario anyway. Now I'm in Ottawa, I do ontario parks with the exception of one or two trips a year to some private land in Sutton, QC.

3. Turpentine

Turpentine New Member

Orford is part of the SEPAQ (provincial parks) network, and given the pandemic (and the current 50%-off promotion on annual passes) those are very heavily booked for the whole season. That being said, there are many other great private campgrounds in the area (with nice bathrooms!). Let me just mention Parc Aventure M├ęgantic (phenomenal with kids) and the Camping du Parc de la Gorge Coaticook (if you've never been to Foresta Lumina nearby, this is the year to do it since they have heavily reduced the number of spots; just need to reserve asap).