Moose Hillock

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by BK3547, Feb 7, 2010.

1. BK3547

BK3547 New Member

[:(!]
    My family would like to stay at Moose Hillock in Warren NH for the fourth of July long weekend. So my wife calls Moose Hillock to book it, and they tell her that they have a minimum stay of 5 nights. We want to do 3, or at the most 4 at a campground that we have never stayed at before. Has anyone else had this experience? Why can't we book for 3 nights? Ive heard alot of good things about this place, and I want to check it out, but I dont want to spend 5 nights (6 days) at resort if I hate it after day one.

[{:)] [{:)]

2. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Sorry, can't help, but I just looked at their website. To me the place is very expensive, I guess though it looks nice enough mostly for families. Hard to believe they wont let you in for just a few days. Hope that's not a sign of things to come with more people choosing camping for their vacations due to the economy. Weekend campers like myself would be out of luck if CG's only allowed full week stays.

3. BK3547

BK3547 New Member

this rule seems to only be in effect during July and August....which in newengland is the best camping season.

4. bman77

bman77 Member

We're on our way there for a 3 night trip. Review to follow.

5. BK3547

BK3547 New Member

so how about that review?

6. scorp28

scorp28 Member

A lot of CG's have stipulations like that around holiday weekends.

7. Whitetail Camper

Whitetail Camper New Member

Stayed there last year for three nights The campground was great,clean restrooms but the pool was just awesome for the kids. Only problem is its a half hour to any store. So plan your food well and have fun.

8. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

Half an hour to a store? Wow, that's way too close to civilization for my preferences!

9. Thiboutot family

Thiboutot family Member

We stay in warren at Scenic View campground. very friendly family run campground. we are already booked for 10 days in august. www.scenicviewnh.com

10. Sonshine

Sonshine Member

We spent the last 2 years there for a week at a time. The facilities were great, the pool was awesome.
    We did have 2 problems last year, 1. the group we were with were snobs, we were supposed to do activities and meals together but after 2 days we decided to do our own( not the cg fault) 2. On day 4 my DD and a friend of ours DD(8 +6) walked off and dissappeared. We immediatly notified staff for help as well as driving the CG ourselves looking for them. We found them 20min later on the other side of CG. During that 20 min there was no sign of the CG staff anywhere but at the pool and office. When we ffound them we went to the office to let them know and their reply was "oh, okay!!"
    After hearing this I went to the office and spoke to the manager and was told they are not responsable to look for lost kids. I said I realize you are not responsable for the kids actions but who knows the CG better than you and the possible places a kid could run off to and hide. I asked what the response would be if 2 little girls were kidnapped by a pedo at there CG. He said oh thats different, I said thanks for the lack of help and you will not see me again here!! This yeart the group contacted us to go again and I told them we had already booked our vaca at Bar Harbor, Me.
    I wont go back!!!

11. dgagne11

dgagne11 New Member

Spent end of June 2015 in Moose Hillock. I have stayed here twice so far. The sites are HUGE. Biggest sites I've seen anywhere...close 2nd is Danforth Bay. The bathrooms are very clean and cleaned daily. The pool is the best one I've been in. Partly for the heated aspect of it and being June, and partly for the Pirate Ship water slide for adults as well as kids. My son spent the entire weekend going up and down the slide. He's 13 and he had a blast. Like most campgrounds, there were many activities daily. The entertainment was a magician and he was incredible. Everything is expensive in the campground. Hamburger was $7 or $8 for instance, but they do have a good menu if cost is no factor. I would recommend buying wood just outside campground which is plentiful within a mile of the campground. I think it cost $6/bundle in the campground. The store is stocked and the staff is VERY friendly and helpful. You're right in the middle of mountain climbing and hiking area. The AMT is just around the corner. Wifi is not very good. It's ONLY in the pool area, and it was off and on all weekend. Last year it was good and being in IT, I talked to the owner and he said he was in the process of evaluating options and then upgrading it. I highly recommend this place. Sorry to hear about the previous post. That wasn't my experience, but I'm sure we all have different experiences at each campground.

12. dgagne11

dgagne11 New Member

Camp site...not one of the larger ones, but very big and very wooded as most of these are.

Attached Files:

13. dgagne11

dgagne11 New Member

Here's one of the pirate ship slide and kiddie slide

Attached Files:

14. Garywt

Garywt New Member

We like it here as well. Went for a weekend in June and had a good time. The ice cream social was good as was the fried dough. Will be back at some point.