More than a tent, less than a pup?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by skeetercampsintexas, Jan 1, 2014.

1. skiball

skiball New Member

I know your plight with setting up a pup when all you want to do is go hunting. Myself, I am a fisherman. I like to take week long trips to the Great Lakes, Steelhead fishing and the last thing I want to do is drive for hours then set up the pup when all I want to do is go fishing. However, after I get all set up, I can hit the streams knowing my nights alone in the pup will be warm and comfortable. It is much nicer getting out of bed after a good nights sleep than it was getting up in my tent like I did for years. Switching to a pup was one of my best decissions I have made. I will never ghange it now.

2. natty bumppo

natty bumppo 2009 F-150,1998 Coleman Westlake

3. skiball

skiball New Member

That is too cool. I wish the site would give an idea of cost of one of these units. I think it would be great for DW and I to have both. That way we could use our pup and DS and his small family could use the tent thing. One vehicle, two shelters.

4. bearman512

bearman512 Well-Known Member

This is my ZJ and RTT.

5. blondedriver

blondedriver Member

Just call your local livin lite dealer ,, most special order them ,, they do a dealer net work like most rv builders do , which is why they don't include prices

6. va3rbz

va3rbz New Member

7. pckeen

pckeen New Member

8. Tribble

Tribble New Member

There are a wide variety of Motorcycle sized Pop ups.

Why not just get a normal trailer, and set up a tent on top of it.

9. kpic

kpic New Member

10. blondedriver

blondedriver Member

seen a Few of the cargo trailers turned into camper,, can go from just a bed and sleeping bag to as much as you want to do. also I would do a pick up bed trailer and do the bed tent for the pick up ,, and then use the trailer for the stuff !!

11. brianbigdogsmith

brianbigdogsmith Camp more Camp more often

I had a ranger with a metal cap I would set up a screened in room and back up the truck to the one door and sleep in the bed on a blow up mattress and set up the room like a campground. I use federal primitive and it works great if I had to have heat I would open the window to the cab and start the truck and run the heat till I was warm but only did that once.

12. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

skeeter, I have what you need , a unfinish tear drop. I have not the time, but if you wanna it it is "tuyos"...Txbum

13. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Richard, call me when you get a chance.

14. Txbum

Skeeter, the teardrop will be ready for your next deer hunting season!.....Oh I don't deliver....ask and ya shall receive... now wheres my trple wide slide out pop up lord?

15. mcbrew

mcbrew Member

Go to Costco.com and look up "Lifetime tent trailer." I know someone who has one a loves it. It is essentially an open utility trailer with a pop out tent camper. No appliances, but would work with your buddy heater. And it is a utility trailer when you need one.

16. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

The Apache Mesa (or Yuma model) is small, lightweight aluminum-and-ABS camper that folds down. You can pick one up for a pretty small cost and modify to suit yourself. The hard sides provide a bit more protection from the wind and make it easier to heat. My [2C] [:D]

17. Txbum

speckhunter80, teardrop will be nearly free, insulated, secured, only need to decide which color camo to use. Skeeter, do ya want summer, fall, desert or PINK camo paint? [LOL]

18. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Richard, if its free, you can paint it any color you want! Pink camo....may get nicole to go hunting with me!

19. Txbum

Skeeter, pink camo it is, now bout them antlers......it just wouldn't look right, maybe pink camo on the inside or a soothing relaxing sleep while you think bout the one that got away. [LOL]