More trouble than it's worth...

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Fastalkintn, Oct 19, 2015.

1. TT54

TT54 New Member

i seem to have move in the back of my truck than anywhere. I carry a 6' table and chairs, etc. Do you guys/gals keep these things in your pup or don't carry them. ? My truck is loaded

2. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Active Member

A 6' folding table and 4 or 6 folding chairs shouldn't take up that much room in the bed of your truck...
    They are folding, right? Or are you hauling full sized patio furniture?

3. Furdy

Furdy Member

I have added a cover to my 6' truck bed and found that my range for trips is longer and it allows me to take things I normally wouldn't. I load mine up and have taken some of the load from the PUP.

4. radimus

radimus New Member

The part that became a problem for us in set up and tear down wasn't the outside setup but the inside. With the 2411 we had a pretty good system down for all the ourside setup, but with a family of 5 the inside setup became unmanagable. Especially as the kids got bigger. If shelves weren't erected and things put about right the clutter would become overwhelming. Sure, the brochure says you can sleep 8 but good luck managing everyone's clothes and gear.

5. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

The latter, I guess. We bring folding bag chairs that get packed in the pup, and the only table we bring is a little roll table that collapses down into a bag about the same size the chair bags, also stored in the pup. If we needed another table we could put one in the van but we always have had a picnic table at the campsite everywhere we've gone. The biggest things we carry are the totes with supplies and duffle bags with clothes, which go in the back of the van. And the boards for Cornhole.

6. Matt O

Matt O Strangers are friends who have not yet met

I found it funny...DW used to complain about how much work it was to set up the [PU].....but I was doing the work and didn't mind [LOL]

She wanted something that was less work and we went to a Class C and now a TT. I like not having to raise the roof but I still have to put the carpet out, set up chairs, lights, awning, etc so sometimes it can take just as long as a pup if not longer because I can't just crank a BAL to level, I have to back up Lynx Levelers...uh oh, got to go up one more level, too high, etc. Sometimes I can eyeball the height, other times I need to pull off and adjust again.

I have gotten to the point I often don't put the awning out and I don't do tacky lights anymore. Less crap to carry and less crap to set up.

[​IMG]

7. Merlin14

Merlin14 Active Member

TT54 and First - I have a camper top on my Nissan p/u and a hard plastic bedliner. I made a slideout for all gear wih a sheet of luan

8. Merlin14

Merlin14 Active Member

Sorry... Luan and a rope pull . filled with gear and a tub of close packed 2x4's, I can pull it easily. Lawn chairs, bike, loaded coolers, food and more slide out easily. No more crawling in the back of truck.

9. TT54

TT54 New Member

LOL - yes they are folding silly. We have a topper on the truck so rain isn't a problem. But we have the table, a couple of chairs, sometimes cornhole game, coolers, suitcase, DH likes to bring lanterns for the ol timey feel. No room for bikes.

10. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Active Member

That makes more sense, I misread your post. Mine has a topper also with everything you mentioned so I know what you mean.