Mount Desert Campground

Discussion in 'Maine' started by smhartman, Sep 8, 2016.

1. smhartman

smhartman Member

Hi,

Mount Desert Campground is going to a new reservations system in 2017. I was hoping someone could help me get an idea of what site I should book for an 2017 stay. It seems this campground has quite the following so I was hoping someone could tell me which sites are good for a 12' box, 24' extended length, with slide out dinette. We may or may not take 2 kayaks due to a long drive from Cincinnati, OH to MDI. I have missed out on reservations because of not knowing the campground and the details of the sites. Early bird gets the worm:)

Thanks for your help,

Susan

2. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

We drove thru last year most of the sights were wooded. Saw a lot of po pups. Don't recall specifically any sights but they should know there sights and be able to help you.
    We stayed at Somes Sound on the quiet side of MDI.

Me the missus and three hooligans!
    2014 Rockwood Premier 2317g
    2012 Ford F150 super crew ecoboost
    2011 Honda Pilot

3. Johnny727

Johnny727 New Member

4. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

I camped on a tent site in the Seawall campground years ago. The was a section with drive-through sites for RVs at Seawall as well.

5. Sonshine

Sonshine Member

We stayed at Bar Harbor Campground. Doesnt take reservations. Just check in at the office, drive through and pick an empty site, go back to the office and pay. Has both wooded and open sites, full service to no services. take your pick. Very friendly and clean. Love it there.