Mounting Television in pop up

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Luvpopup, Oct 10, 2016.

1. DSchulten88

DSchulten88 Member

I found that the TV is great for drowning out the noisy CG drunks when we retire for the evening with the kids.

2. 94-D2

94-D2 Happy Campin'

Since a pup has no walls to use to mount a television and it must be removable for transporting. I made a bracket that fits into the roof aluminum track that I mounted an articulated arm too. This allows me to slide the tv anywhere along the roof line that will accommodate the tv. Takes the place of hard sided walls and provides flexibility so your not tied to the only wall in the pup.

[​IMG]

Serena77 likes this.
  3. 61cubby

61cubby New Member

Roybraddy-

How did you connect the top of the mast to the roof of the popup? I'm using a collapsible PVC mast on mine and attached it to the frame via a removable muffler clamp . It tends to sway a bit in the wind if strong and I would like to secure it at the top but hesitate to drill holes in the roof side.

4. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

I have a sleeve clamp that came with another antenna. The PVC fits inside it just great. A muffler clamp would work also... Then I have a smaller PVC inside that so I can rotate the mast... This photo shows one of those $90 yagi TV antenna mast from LOWES... It worked great but was too large and I finally destroyed it taking it down alot. The BATWING antenna really works great with built-in pre-amplifier

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The bottom support is a TV pipe mount side mount. The bottom mast section just sits in it and turns free...

[​IMG]

This all breaks down into two sections for transport... RG cable runs down inside the PVC pipes... Can put it up in a couple of minutes...

Roy Ken

5. terry1419

terry1419 Active Member

Ouch! I don't think Yak's comment was necessarily directed specifically at you, especially since you agreed with the TV idea. He was expressing a concern that has been brought up several times in the past in various threads. Speaking of drama, you may have reacted too quickly and a little too strongly or you are just having a bad day?

6. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

This was nearly two months ago. Why bring back up negativity? Noting the time, I was likely on Ambien, which leaves me with no filter.

My apologies to Yak and anyone else who was offended by my rude choice of words.

7. jacrabbitt

jacrabbitt Active Member

How bout one of those mounts that swing down from the ceiling?

8. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

. Just a thought...I'm not sure how much your roof could support if you did this method. Then again TV's have become lighter over the years. If there was a way to be sure you have a AC brace where you put the TV mount that may be better. I don't think I would trust the foam sandwich roof to support it without going through the roof top.

9. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

You can always turn up the volume if you hear the party next site or so... to drown the party noise down plus more......

10. jacrabbitt

jacrabbitt Active Member

Isn't there any plywood in the roof? Interior ceiling, foam, plywood , sheet metal or fiberglass or whatever? These new little TV are 5 to 8 lbs. Ideally if you could find a stud you''d be fine. You'd just have be careful of the length of the fastener if ther's plywood up top. Or you could go through with coupla 1/8 inch bolts and seal with Dicor or silicone or butyl tape. They punch holes in the roof for vents and whatnot, Wouldn't it be the same difference?

11. CO Hiker

CO Hiker Active Member

Go for it. Small flat screens don't weigh very much but you will need to spread the weight out on the mount so that the screws don't start to tear downward on your shower wall. Cut a polyethylene cutting board at least half again larger than the TV mount area or larger and round off the corners. Line up and tape together the two pieces, mark the screw holes for the TV and drill them, outline the edges on the shower wall inside and out, lay down some masking tape on the lines and spread some silicone on both sides of the shower wall and install the mounts so the shower wall is sandwiched in between the layers. Clean up the squeezed out silicon and remove the tape. Let the silicon cure and install the TV.

12. Whiteycracker

Whiteycracker Active Member

How did you mount them, images too if so please?