movie projector at a campsite

Discussion in 'Campsite Electronics' started by chrisarrick, Oct 24, 2017.

1. chrisarrick

chrisarrick Member

Just sharing a memory from this past summer. I was up at Chain O' Lakes in northern Indiana in my tent, by myself, having some campfire/grilled meat/jack and coke alone time. A family across from me had a few kids with them and everyone was having a good time. At dusk the granddad hung up a bedsheet and brought out a laptop and projector and it was movie time!
    I thought it was a great idea, wasn't bright or loud enough to bother me and the kids aren't whining.
    Then around 11:30 at night I'm not sure what happened, but car doors, running diesels, slamming doors, headlights... That bothered me a bit lol.

Just something I thought was a neat idea for small kids who haven't joined the zombie smartphone ranks yet.

2. bearman512

bearman512 Well-Known Member

e have a Motorola MOTO Z Play phone with a projector you can attach to it and project a 60" movie without shore power. I actually have a mini projector I can connect to my laptop when we have shore power. I use it at 4wd events.

chrisarrick likes this.
  3. chrisarrick

chrisarrick Member

I think I've seen a commercial for those phones, looks cool!

4. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

I saw the same thing going on at a camper this summer. The screen was huge. The picture was bright. The sound was loud. There was about 30 kids sitting around. They ran that thing till nearly midnight..... It didn't bother me a bit, either.

5. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

We used to do that at our old cub scout pack. We would set up the movie with a sheet and projector, have a cracker barrel for the scouts and they would watch a movie while the adults got the tents set up. This was always on the Friday night when everyone arrived. Never had any complaints from neighbors but then again w usually had all the sites close by due to the size of our pack.

6. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Last summer I saw a family all congregating on the back side of their camper. Curiosity got the better of me and I took a quick walk to see what was going on. They had a family movie night projecting a movie right onto their camper. i thought it was pretty ingenious at the time.

7. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

If one person is doing it, not so bad. If it becomes a common thing, not so good.

8. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Bunch of friends use to do this when the group would all camp together, great way to keep the kids quiet and wind them down for the night..

Really no different than the guy who has a 60inch tv hung outside his trailer.

9. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

I bet they would not like the R rated movies I like to watch.:D
    So, I'll just continue to watch on my tablet with bluetooth headphones.

10. tzmartin

tzmartin Well-Known Member

Meh, not my idea of camping. I like to get away from electronics and spend time with my kids. If the movie is loud after quiet hours i'd say something.

11. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

If it is not impinging on us and our campsite, our enjoyment of our camping time, I'd cheer them on! Kudos to them for coming up with a way to make the kiddo's time camping more enjoyable.