Moving to Vancouver, WA

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by CalKat, Jun 1, 2015.

1. CalKat

CalKat Member

Bye bye California! We're relocating to near Vancouver, WA. New campgrounds and adventures await. First I need to find someplace to store my camper there. Any ideas?

2. GoRetro

GoRetro New Member

I lived in WA for 41 yrs was born and raised there. Our family hopes to move back in the future. You will love it lots of great camping and outdoor activites.

3. betancourtfamily6

betancourtfamily6 New Member

Hello and Welcome to Washington!! You'll love the Vancouver area.. (you'll be just a hop skip and jump away from Voodoo Donuts in Portland, lucky dog).. Anyway, its just a different camping world up here then in Ca, even northern cal. We love it, we've been up here since 2004, transplanted from SoCal ourselves.
    Rally is coming up June 26th, assuming too soon, but maybe the next one!
    Sorry, can't help you with storage locations, we are about 3 hours north of Vancouver....

Welcome Again !

4. Heartman_wa

Heartman_wa Active Member

Welcome to the Great Pacific North West from Tacoma.

5. AlsChopShop

AlsChopShop Delightfully Incompetent

Welcome to the PNW. I'm just across the river in Portland. Leave the California mentality behind please. ;)

Al

6. Heartman_wa

Heartman_wa Active Member

where in Calif are you coming from?

7. JeffC

JeffC New Member

Welcome from Tacoma!

8. CalKat

CalKat Member

Already feeling like an outsider here in the bay area. Looking forward to moving home.

9. CalKat

CalKat Member

I'm in the east bay, about 15 miles north of Berkeley.

10. ogosiosaur

ogosiosaur Ogosiosaur - Dedicated to Plesiosaur Research

I lived in Vancouver, WA for 10 years.
    Prior comments about Voodoo donuts in Portland are correct; they are a must visit.
    PADDEN has a nice RV storage place wit both covered outdoor or uncovered storage.

Vancouver WA is awsome as you are really close to some of OR states beaches and they have some of the nices Beaches around. You are still fairly close to things. WA state has no state tax. I used to work in OR state so traffic on bridge I5 can be a pain but the Glen Jackson bridge never really backs up. Salmon Creek or Ridgefield WA are nice as are some parts of Battleground.

Vancouver, WA is nice as it is "out of Portland" while still being close enough to the big city to work, etc.

11. CalKat

CalKat Member

Thanks for all the tips! We went to Powell Books, and I saw the lines for Voodoo donuts. Having experienced the bay area bridges for 25 years, I get that you have to get out of town before two o'clock or forget it! We're most excited about all the new places we'll get to explore with the P'UP.

Funny you mentioned Ridgefield, because that is where we'll be with the Ridgefield Wildlife Refuge at our backs. It is so quiet out there, I'm going to love it!

12. Rick Y

Rick Y New Member

Late seeing this post. Sorry for the late response, but welcome to Ridgefield. We've lived in Vancouver for years and just last year moved to Ridgefield. We're in the area just north of 35th. Love it here!