'Mr. Murphy' - Seriously???

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by RotnMom, Jul 25, 2011.

1. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

After 18 years of waiting, dh & I were about to have our very first vacation ever, and we were camping!! His first, mind you. So yesterday I'm outside on the deck watering my tomato plants. It's my first try and I'm real proud of them! :)

So the dogs are down below (it's a 2nd story deck) and they want to play with the water falling through the deck boards. I get done watering and start squirting them down to cool them off. So my large Rott, Reece, makes a run for the water and POP...there went his ACL ligament in his right knee. SIGH

After $300 in xrays, ACL confirmation, AND an expensive pain med, we have to wait until Monday when our normal vet comes back to town to see if he'll do the surgery. He doesn't normally do the larger dogs, but since I practically own stock in the place, he just might. If not, I have to go to Winston-Salem, or VA Tech. yada yada

Then I called the kennel and they're also booked up. DAYUM!! Great...Mr. Murphy is really busy.

So our first vacation has turned into yet another trip for me alone, unless I take Reece with me to lay out and rest. DH will stay home and keep the other fur/feathered kids. sigh If it weren't paid for, I'd just skip it, but it might well be my last trip for the year, so I'd better take advantage. [V]

All pity and comforting posts welcome. I'm in a major BUMMER mood right about now.

[:(]

2. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

[:!] [:!] [:!] [:!] So sorry, really... poor Reece [:!] poor hubby misssing the vacay [:!] and poor you, no refund on the campsite???? [:!] [:!] [:!] [:!]

3. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Yes, could ask for a refund, but not sure if you get it back within that 48 hour thing. sigh

At this point, I need a getaway from THIS series of let downs! I really think I might take Reece with me to just lay out. We'll see.

Thanks JeepMama....

4. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

Seriously, waiting 18 years for a vacation? Please Go but take everybody, Poor Reece [:O]

5. Popsrock

Popsrock New Member

I am weeping, I say weeping for you right now. But, take heart, there are five more months, all with weekends full of promise looming ahead. Get 'yer business taken care of and GET OUT THERE !!!! Just consider this your 2011 quotient of bad news.

6. bigdad

bigdad Well-Known Member

Knowing the dog he probably did so he could get to go on the trip [A] [A]

7. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

I don't know FMB, if we were your neighbors, you'd seriously think Old McDonald had moved in! [LOL]

Pops, bless you for the weeping.[LOL] [LOL] [LOL] The problem is Reece's surgery will wipe our savings out. Don't get me wrong, he's a helluva dog and we WILL do the surgery. I will just have to find friends with big yards and visit several other "camp driveway" sites. :)

bigdad- do you have Reece's cell # or what? [LOL]

Ok....laughs...GOOD thing...get the TV exhaust hangars fixed tomorrow and pop & pack.

Thanks y'all. [:D] [:I]

8. bigdad

bigdad Well-Known Member

Yea i got it from My dog Oreo he had [LOL]

9. CampCrazyMom

CampCrazyMom Member

I like that borrowing other people's back yard idea! My friend's parents own quite a bit of land, her brother tent camps on their property a lot. Hmm.... ya got me thinkin here (that's dangerous!). [LOL]

10. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

UPDATE: Mr. Murphy must have moved out when I left to go camping. I came home and everyone was in one piece and climbed all over me with kisses & claws! [LOL] [LOL]

The reason I believe the little imp left is when my vet called last Monday, not only does he DO large dogs now, but he's become quite practiced!! AND...listen up and read slowly.....it's only going to be around $1,400!!! (remember, the last two we did were about $3,400 EACH).

THIS means I might actually have some camping funds left!! WOOT!!

Fingers crossed people...NO complications come Monday. Reece and I will camp in the driveway for a few days until he can shake the drugs. They make him a bit bitchy, and the mini Rott is a collar puller...don't want any bloodshed over side effects! Not MY first rodeo! [LOL] [;)]

[:D]

11. raymonk

raymonk New Member

Maybe they'll let you change the days booked to some other days.

12. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

It will ALL work out-HooRay [8D]

13. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Ray, I've actually taken the trip (7/27-31/11) and had a nice relaxing time. Had a few glitches...this time I left the sway bar on the roof. Last time keys & level. It seems I'm becoming habitual. [:(]

But since the surgery is going to be less than half of what the last two were, we should have some funds left for a few camping nights next month. That's always a good feeling. [A]

Already have 3 nights booked in Bristol, VA/TN for the Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion festival. The 11th year!!

14. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

FMB: Yes, things are looking up. :) Still keeping fingers crossed for no complications Monday for [DOG]!!

15. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Well, Reece is home and resting. Had to wrap his incision because he was bleeding a bit between two stitches. He hates the 'helper' strap, and would rather gimp. Vet said as long as is restrained with a leash, that's fine. :)

The pain pills zone him out...poor boy is stoned outta his mind...yet he always hears the treat can lid come off! [LOL]

Gonna be a looooong 6 weeks. I'm thinking of canceling the Bristol trip to save the funds since that's in 4 weeks, and he has to be restrained for 6 weeks!! Can't board my baby while he's a gimp! Then maybe we can do a family trip in later Sep-early Oct & take all the dogs. sigh...decisions decisions.