Mt. Pisgah CG

Discussion in 'North Carolina' started by speckhunter80, Jul 5, 2016.

1. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

ASHEVILLE------Mount Pisgah Campground
    This campground is 20 miles south of Asheville on the Blue Ridge Parkway at Mile Marker 408.8. Did a windshield survey of this campground and can honestly say I would not recommend this campground for anyone especially any non tenters. The sites in general are small and very close together although they are hidden by vegetation. "A" loop is the RV loop. "B" loop that is designated as the "Popup and Van" loop. Did not see a single site big enough to accomodate my Coleman Bayside Elite and truck. Loops "C" and "D" are tent only. Loop "B" and "C" have showers according to the info provided. There are several hiking trails in and around the campground including one to the top of Mt. Pisgah.

2. jumpoff

jumpoff I'm in a camping state of mind

Funny, I've done the windshield survey there myself at least twice.... I can't really think of why I would want to stay there other than the Mt Pisgah area itself is beautiful. The campground area lacks character to me and like you already said the campsites are kinda small. It is pretty high in elevation right there so at least it's probably pretty cool at night even in the summer. The restaurant at Mt Pisgah Inn is really good also. It was interesting reading what you said about it as I was wondering if I was the only one that thought it somewhat peculiar.

3. Econ

Econ Active Member

We have been to Pisgah Campground. Maybe the poster above has stated the best reason ever to go to a certain campground. Also, It has a clean shower. What else do you want other than quiet hours from 9 pm to 6 am?

4. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

We might have to check our Mt. Pisgah sometime. Looking at the website it has water available, toilets, and showers. There doesn't appear to be any electrical hookups, not a bad thing.

Econ likes this.
  5. Econ

Econ Active Member

This appears to be a campground built in the 40's 0r 50's. The sites are more of a popup size. They have 2 tent loops, a popup/small trailer loop and a rv loop. Communal water, trash, and 3 bathhouse/toilets. No electric .The showers are luke warm. They're clean. $10 a night if you are an old goat. They let me in with a grey beard so you silver beards can definitely get in.

Dump station at the entrance. Picnic table and a fire ring. If you complain that the sites are too close your spending too much time in the campground.

There was 1 active juvenile in the area the first of October.

It is across the street from the Pisgah Resort. Lunch at the Restaurant was 60.00.

You can hike to Frying Pan Fire Tower, The Devil's court House, Looking Glass, The summit of Mt Pisgah, and visit the Forest Service Museum. Go south 3 miles and turn left and there are waterfalls on that road. In early Oct the sun rises so late you can shower, cook, clean up and be in position for the beginning of twilight. There are two wonderful places to view sunrises and sunsets within 2 miles of my campsite.

We woke up every morning to this.
    upload_2019-11-24_14-4-44.jpeg