Mt View RV Park - Palmer, AK

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by generok, Aug 14, 2016.

1. generok

generok Well-Known Member

We spent the weekend at Mt. View RV Park in Palmer. It was a nice CG. The folks who run it are very nice, and quite relaxed. It is mostly grassy with gravel roads, which is nice. There are about 8 little restrooms with showers and they are always open with no key card or codes. The showers were clean and had plenty of very hot water available. They had a lot of washers and dryers too, but I didn't use them. There was WiFi available, but with 4G Lte available, I didn't use it. They have a central fire pit and covered picnic tables up front, but it doesn't look like they want camp fires at the site unless you use a fire pit.

There are about 100 sites, most have water and electric, and some had full hookups. This was the first CG I have been too where the power pole ONLY had a 30A plug, so I FINALLY used my 30 to 20 amp converter. Water pressure was good. The sites are wide enough to set up awnings, and most sites (but not all) had a wooden picnic table. Most of the sites looked level left to right... I didn't need any Lynx to level out.

The CG isn't too far away from downtown Palmer, so it would be a good place to stay if you were doing things in the Mat-Su valley. It's quiet back there though, and if you have a pet, they can accommodate easily. There's plenty of places to take your dog to run free if you have a high energy breed that needs more than a walk on the grass.

Here's a picture. It's really a nice backdrop.

[​IMG]

2. generok

We stayed again in May 2018. No major changes to report, but the CG is still in good condition and the folks friendly. 20180506_070257.jpg

Natureangel likes this.
  3. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

I know that area. Father-in-law lives on a lake between Palmer and Wasilla. Pictures don't do it justice. [:)C]

4. generok

No major changes for 2019. Prices holding steady at $40/night, with a 10% discount for military and Good Sam.

[​IMG]