Multi-Use Hitch for a bike rack?

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by GatorChamp44, May 12, 2020.

1. GatorChamp44

GatorChamp44 Active Member

2. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

Personally, I would get a tailgate pad and just put them in the back of your truck. Plenty of people have used the hitch you posted, some have clearance issues, others don't. It will affect your "tongue weight " but it shouldn't be an issue for 2019 Silverado.

3. Aladin Sane

Aladin Sane I'd rather be camping

I used one when we had a lighter smaller pup. I dont want to extend the tongue like that with our high wall. It has a lot of tongue weight to begin with.

4. the-one1

the-one1 Member

I have one once. Never used it again. It puts too much leverage on the receiver. 2nd issue for me was I could not hitch up the camper with the bike rack inserted into the double receiver. The Bike rack tongue was in the way of the ball. I had to hitch up first and then insert the bike rack.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  5. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

I agree, put bikes in the back of the truck. Rather than use a tailgate pad I DIY'd a 4 bike stand using scrap plywood and still had room for water containers, cables, hoses, anything else we needed but didn't want in the camper. Worked like a charm and cost nothing to put together. [A]

[​IMG]