My baby is now hibernating

gunther

CPL USMC
Apr 24, 2011
I put the pup away for the winter tonight. Our county fair offers winter storage for $7.00 a foot. Its in a nice building out of the snow (sometimes we get 300")
[PUC]

jdubois

Apr 3, 2013
Sorry to hear that - were going camping for the long weekend. I like the storage idea, though - I gotta look around southeast MA for something similar.....

West Coast Canuck

Jumped to the dark side ......
Mar 3, 2005
I feel your pain, I hibernated our travel trailer this past weekend too.....sadly only got out three times this season due to my job change. Looking forward to next season, going to take 4 weeks off

BarbaraFaith

Super Active Member
Oct 15, 2011
Ours went into hibernation after last weekend. The owner of the fishing resort we frequent has a farm the next town over. He stores ours inside a pole barn for $50.00 per year.

ghacker

Super Active Member
Nov 8, 2009
I have to start getting mine ready but I'd like to do a few minor repairs first. I'm fortunate that I can store mine for free in a garage @ 1 hr away.

jeffandeb

Jun 16, 2012
Sorry to hear your baby is going into hibernation. My baby is coming out of hibernation next weekend [:D]

br00n0

Sep 26, 2012
One last outing next weekend and that's it, it goes into hibernation!

What's great this year, it's the in-laws who are letting us use their non-heated garage for storage.

Let's all hope for a quick Winter and a hasty Spring!

B.

WendyLouWho

Wendy & Marlin
Aug 21, 2013
Wow. Sorry, guys. Move to the south...year round camping. My dd will be swimming at our rally in November.

Oh, but I would love seasons besides hot and hotter.

Jayko

Jayco 141J aka Big Bertha
Jul 10, 2012
Mine has been in the garage [SNZ] (3rd stall,) winterized for a couple weeks now.

[:(]

canuckblues

Jun 30, 2012
We tucked ours away this weekend also.I will spend a few more weekend cleaning and reseasoning the cast iron cookware then a quick cleaning of the coleman naptha lanterns and stove.
Then the wait for spring

Eanddrice

Dec 23, 2006
[:(] I guess we"ll start our winterizing soon. We had reservations for this coming weekend at a Corps of Engineers campground, but the gov't shutdown closed the campground....what is the world coming to??

va3rbz

Mar 3, 2013
Ours went into hibernation this weekend as well. We ended up taking the tent off to store at home and the poor thing gets to deal with an Ontario winter outdoors.

IslandR

Flagstaff 228D
Nov 1, 2011
Our's came home for the winter this weekend. Park closed for the season so it's over. Set up in the backyard. Did some minor mods today. Cleaned it up. Blew the lines out. Should be ready to put away until May 1st. Next year's lease is signed. Now the wait begins...a damn long wait.

hakrjak

May 20, 2010
In Colorado Springs it got to 23 degrees on Tuesday so I went ahead and winterized her also. Didn't want to give up on camping season so soon, but had to do it!

tconroy

Super Active Member
Apr 25, 2013
Did mine wednesday but tomorrow is going to be 71 degrees out. last warm day for us here in KC. Its 35 right now. Want to clean the vynil on the bunk ends then back in the garage.can only open it up about 2 feet in there and that sucks. But at least I can go check on it and detail the outside when I get bored.

tconroy

Super Active Member
Apr 25, 2013
found out i can open mine up quite a bit inside the garage, Far enough to pull the bunkend out and get in there. Im going to make some 2by4 braces and put them in place. At least I can work on it if I have to this winter and also replace the winterizing valve the isnt working properly. [:D]

4Powells

May 6, 2013
Really hate it for you folks to the north as far as camping goes. Ours will probably never be winterized as it lives in the garage and my DW will probably have it its own blankey. [:D]

br00n0

Sep 26, 2012
Ours is now asleep since last weekend.

Now we can eat all the leftover canned foods and pasta we took from it!

[:)O]