my easy-to-do grey water outlet mod

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by jonkquil, Jun 24, 2012.

1. jonkquil

jonkquil Active Member Gold Supporting Member

had these bits laying around the garage, some came up with this. Haven't tried it out yet!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. opnorty

opnorty New Member

Have you had a chance to try this out? I was wondering how it works. I was wondering since there isn't a vent to allow air into the drain line like you see on a bunch of other threads.

opnorty

3. jonkquil

jonkquil Active Member Gold Supporting Member

I'm camping this weekend, so will try it out then. Hmm...maybe I do need to vent? the tote it's going into has a little venting hole, if that doesn't do it, I will have to reconfigure. I thought it seemed a little too easy ! Thanks opnorty for the observation.

4. Alberto

Alberto New Member

The tote's vent will do the job

5. ghacker

ghacker Active Member

With a diameter that large, vent is not really needed. There's no water flow from a PUP that'll completely fill the line.

6. bondebond

bondebond New Member

But you still need to open the vent on the tote to allow displaced air to escape as water fills it up. The p-trap or bend in the discharge hose under the sink will trap and/or slow down escaping air.

I would put the handle-side of your tote at a small up angle and open the garden hose connection there to allow air to get out. I've seen how much a fully enclosed setup like this will cause. It's not. Fun, that is.