My First RV Show

Discussion in 'RV Shows' started by Ryanincc, Jan 6, 2015.

1. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

i bought mine at the end of the camping season, the dealer seemed more willing to neg. price, since i moved his old stock, help make room for the 20 plus units he plans on selling after the show, and one less unit he needed to brush the snow off before selling. i agree, never would buy a unit at the show for same reason og stated.

2. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

I've never been to an RV show. We decided upon getting our PUP during the middle of summer and the RV shows in the Houston area are all around February. Not sure if I'd go to one anyways as out of all the dealerships that were on the list for last year there was only CW that actually sells new PUPs. Also the reason I went to Austin to buy my PUP. Just can't find them too often around here...although you do see them on the freeways.

3. mcj7247

mcj7247 Member

I've never been to an RV show either and was hoping to see some of the latest and greatest gadgets and gizmos at the show in Allentown this weekend. I'll be dropping by on Sunday with a friend and will keep our fingers crossed that it's worth while.

4. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

If your looking for camping gadgets and gismos. You probally. Wont find many. But you can get a great deal on some gutter helmets. Or a timeshare in the tropics [LOL]

5. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Ya...you go to the RV show and see booths about time shares, gutter helmets, replacement windows, bath remodeling, foundation waterproofing and this year at Pittsburgh one of the exhibitors is Schmoopsie Couture. I had to look that one up [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]
    Dog neck ties [:D] SCHMOOPSIE

If you go to the annual homeshow you don't see any RV's???????

6. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

The RV show in boston is MLK weekend, I had planned on going, but we got an invite to go up to ski country to a family members condo, so instead of 15 dollars a head it will be much more. But I will be in the mountains! Skiing!

Me the missus and three hooligans
    2014 rockwood premier 2317g
    2012 F 150 super crew echo boost.

7. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I enjoy going to RV shows not to buy but only to look and research. Most shows however really cater to the rich as let's face it only they can afford these monsters called 5th wheels and moterhomes. I like being able to see different brands all in one place as most dealerships only have one or two brands. I like seeing the new floor plans and color schemes. Most of all like others say I like the excuse to get out of the house. Not much in the lines of new camping gizmos at RV shows but I do learn about new places to camp.

8. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Since I've been on the portal I've seen more camping gizmos on this site (either user posts or adds) than anywhere else. I've gotten all the catalogs from various dealerships and there's much better information here. Although sometimes I prefer to see it in person or hold a physical book...and this coming from someone who basically grew up on computers...

9. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

We have tried to make to at least one RV show each year.. sort gets the camping juices flowing ..lol One reason we go, is that this years new trailers are the used one's being sold 5 years from now... we also pick up things like cg maps and books and one dealer always has "last years" parts catalogs for free, always handy to have...

Another reason, is to meet up with some of our camping friends, when possible we meet up for breakfast before the show and then have a group dinner after, all that is missing is the campfire ...

10. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] I don't agree with that, they make it all affordable. At every show I have been to every single class A priced from $100,000.00 to $1,000,000.00 has a big sign where it can be hocked to you for 240 months and make it downright affordable. [:D] I think even good ole Sam can float you a drag on one for 20 years.

They don't bother to tell you it will fall apart before the interest is paid off [LOL]

11. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

We'll go to 3 - 5 RV shows a year. It gets us out of the house, it's our 'date night' [8D] (heck, I proposed to her at an RV show), and as has been said, in 5 years or so that may be the unit we buy!
    We use the first couple of smaller shows, like the Macomb or MSU Pavilion to get a quick look at what's new, then the big show, Novi*, to really look at units and spend time looking over, under, around any unit we're interested in. Then Flint and Birch Run to re-review anything we really liked. Good times, good times. [:D]

*somewhere there's a thread about meeting up after the Novi show for dinner/drinks and comparing notes. And just because it's FUN to run into people you know at the show! (maybe the link is on the GLPUC site, I don't remember.)

12. mcj7247

mcj7247 Member

Went to the RV show in Allentown yesterday and there were lots of larger RV's and TT's but just a few popups. Some leftover Vikings (2013) a few Quick Silver Lite's on display and (IMO) the most popular..... tear drops.

[​IMG]
    My friend Judy helped out by doing her best Vanna White impression and was very disappointed when she found out that her Mazda 3 wasn't capable of towing one!

13. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

I went to the Allentown show too. Poor showing of a lot of models. One or two pups, slew of quicksilver tents on wheels, poor showing of trailers/htt. Same crap at all shows (grey wolf, coachmen apex, one aspen trail, et al

14. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

I laugh when someone walks into a sprinter, sees the $80k price tag and has no clue.

15. campingquilter

campingquilter Member

Last year my sister and I wound up buying sheets there (was our first time attending) [:I]

This year I'm thinking of those picnic table covers! haha!

16. Bullfrog Bheer

Bullfrog Bheer Active Member

Went to our first RV show in Green Bay yesterday.
    Unless you're in the market for a new trailer and want to compare prices, layout, & brands, I really don't see much of a reason to go. We just went for something to do. I was really hoping there would be a few booths with camping accessories, but not so much. Only 1 Popup that I noticed and surprisingly mostly travel trailers, yet around here you see way more 5th wheels on the road.

17. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

I was surprised at the show I went to had a single hybrid out of hundreds. more popups and a frames than the hybrids, which I most curious about

My phone did this using Tapatalk