My First SPUT!

sawdusty

San Antonio
Nov 9, 2014
San Antonio
We all know it's gonna happen sometime. The dreaded SPUT! Wish my first one would have been something else. But there are always worse things. I forgot to make that second walk around to insure that ALL 4 hold downs are released and sure enough I missed one. Started raising the roof with my slow speed heavy duty drill and Socket Jenie. I either broke the cable or the eyebolt. Had to get help so one person could crank up the roof while I raised that one corner and blocked it up with a 2x2. Will know more later when I take out the cabinets to get to the winch. [:O]

sawdusty

San Antonio
Nov 9, 2014
San Antonio
Well it's not too bad. The eye bolt stretched but not enough before the cable broke at the loop. Going to go pick up new cable tomorrow but need some help here. Where is the other end of the cable and how do I get to it?

Attachments

• IMAG0563.jpg
    IMAG0563.jpg
    859.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0564.jpg
    IMAG0564.jpg
    657.5 KB · Views: 22

swordfish

Super Active Member
Sep 27, 2010
Don't feel bad. I did exactly the same thing. Somehow one clip was still hooked even though the latch was off. Fortunately, I only stretched one cable by about 1-2 inches. Just needed to correct the height by adjusting the nut. Why don't they come up a breakaway system similar to the electric brake?

sawdusty

San Antonio
Nov 9, 2014
San Antonio
swordfish said:
Don't feel bad. I did exactly the same thing. Somehow one clip was still hooked even though the latch was off. Fortunately, I only stretched one cable by about 1-2 inches. Just needed to correct the height by adjusting the nut. Why don't they come up a breakaway system similar to the electric brake?

hahahaha It sure would saves us when we have one of those moments.