My friend now works at Jellystone Campground in Ashland, NH!

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by 01YZF6, Jul 8, 2012.

1. 01YZF6

01YZF6 Dothan, AL

If you are ever visiting there, Make sure to say hello to my friend Mike! he got a job there in May after his plant closed down in the spring up north.
    (he works security at the CG I think?)

They bought a Coleman Pop Up a few months ago, and love it !

I think he lives in it full time, and his family drives down to visit as much as possible.

http://abcamping.com/jellystonenh/

[​IMG]

2. Ryoukoe

Ryoukoe New Member

Wow that campground looks like a lot of fun! I love the different kids activities. Definitely someplace I would check out.

3. MichelleMS

MichelleMS Member

I was looking at the one in MN and was amazed at the activities they had!

4. jdevine14

jdevine14 New Member

Saw his set up this weekend when went there. I have to say we had fun... but the bathrooms were disgusting!! Don't think we will be going back there again.

5. jeeper2007

jeeper2007 New Member

I think we are heading there in about 2 weeks. Can't wait

6. Rick Kelley

Rick Kelley Member

We're thinking about heading to Jellystone CG near Austin MN next month. Trip with the DD, her husband and Grandkids. I visited the site and it looks like there is more than enough activities to keep the kiddos busy. Any stories you all have about these campgrounds would be appreciated. Is it as kid friendly as they show?

7. jeeper2007

jeeper2007 New Member

Can anyone share some pictures of campground, google earth view makes this place look like there isn't and shade on the property, anyone visited it that can kind of give me a heads up. Thanks

8. jdevine14

jdevine14 New Member

We stayed at 207 its at the top near the road. All the sites up there are very shaded. If you end up down by the river they have some areas of shade, but not much. A lot of it in out in the open.

9. jeeper2007

jeeper2007 New Member

Ok. Thanks. I do think we booked a river site. To late to cancel anyway so we will just push our luck. I'm not one for a lot of sun and heat. If I could camp in the winter I'd be happier

10. lbcarr87

lbcarr87 New Member

Congrats to Mike for finding employment, I really hope it suits him well.
    The above statement touched on a subject we talked about at a recent outing in MN ( not a jellystone park ) I just don't understand some people and their disgusting bathroom manors at campgrounds. For crying out loud, don't leave toilet paper or worse on the floor and please make sure the toilet flushes completely or, if not, let the management know it's not working correctly. If using the showers know that someone else will use them after you so don't leave disgusting things on the floor, racks or benches. I would hope that no body's parents raised them to be that way but sometimes I wonder.

11. jdevine14

jdevine14 New Member

I understand sometimes "things" happen, but when I walked into one of the bathrooms by the pool the toilet was so clogged it was running all over the floor. I went and told staff. After 45 minutes no body had come to take care of the problem. I went and told someone else and finally have over an hour someone came to clean up. The shower area was even worse, some body had left a present in the corner of the shower. How you can make it to the bathroom or clean up after yourself is beyond me, but that is not something I want to see when trying to get clean. The same trash and toilet paper on the floor was never cleaned the entire time we were there (Thursday - Sunday).

They have a large pool that was also closed for 24 hrs. because someone had left a present in it. So everyone was crammed into either the kids pool or the river. In my own opinion when they have something like that happen they should be working harder to provide some sort of activities or something. After they finally re-opened the pool within an hour someone vomitted in it and it was closed for 4 more hours. Then to make matters worse it happened AGAIN!!

12. jeeper2007

jeeper2007 New Member

Oh man, not liking the stories I'm hearing. I'll cross my fingers. I have a shower on outside of popup, I'll use it. But to hear people have the nerve to actually relieve themselves where ever and not attempt to clean up or I guess even care is disgusting Lets hope they hear our complaints and turn it around. I've also just heard that the water splash area for kids was only about 50% working. Please no.... Say it isn't that bad

13. LjohnSaw

LjohnSaw So many fish, so little time...

Well, there were a few posts about Thousand Trails and Equity Life Style (ELS) resorts being a rip off and such. So far, I'm pleased and when it comes to the bathrooms, they are pretty darn clean! They are heated, well lit (inside) and clean, clean, clean. The staff seems to check on them at least twice a day if not more. I've now camped in four different parks and I'm very impressed with the staff's friendliness and care they have for their parks. Each park has different kids activities - some more, some less - and they do not tolerate one bit of miss-behavior.

You might check out a TT campground in your area. They do allow the public in but the non-member price may be a bit high - depending on the area from $35 to $55/night. With membership and if you use all your 30 "free" camping nights, the rate drops to less than $17/night with E & W. Additional night are only $3.

14. 01YZF6

01YZF6 Dothan, AL

take into account holiday weeks, first vacation weeks for the NE area ( kids out of school) and other PEAK times, and this has a lot to do with poor conditions. ( not defending them)

also, places like Jellystone and other themed CG's ( including KOA) hire a lot of high school/younger people just for the summer seasons, and most do not want to work, they just want to be social. this is where we found most of the downfalls at.... lazy employees!

15. jeeper2007

jeeper2007 New Member

Well I'm packing everything just in case. We will make a good weekend of it I'm sure

16. jeeper2007

jeeper2007 New Member

Arrived Friday at 2, was all set up at 5. Poured buckets of rain, didn't bother me one, I was loving it. That was until the park staff came around and said they were having flash flood alerts and that all the lower sites had to evacuate. Yup had just finished setting up and got to take it all down again now everything got soaked inside outside, everywhere. We found a few rooms in a motel about 15 minutes away. We hit the net as soon as we got here and booked new sites at Tamarack campground. I'm hoping no one was camped there last night so we get check in really early and start figuring out how to dry everything for tonight. Might have to run the heat in the camper for the day. Forecast calls for more rain for today anyway. I had asked them if we could have left the camper set up and just leave for the night, I mean the river was 20ft below the sites. From the rain we got it was not going to reach that hight and I have insurance but they said no, had to move it, said they had a parking lot we could park in but then what, wait. Offered to book us another site at other campground but would have been 10pm by time we left and got to new place and set up. That was not going to happen with a 4 year old and my 70 year old inlaws. Hopefully today goes better

17. Dacs

Dacs New Member

Stayed there for several days about 8 years ago. A huge tent site down by the river. The kids and teenage kids we had enjoyed every minute of it. One of my favourite campgrounds. Sadly, my wife told me this year we have "outgrown" it.