My idea for state parks

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by firepit, Apr 6, 2020.

1. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I want this stuff over as badly as everyone else however and I surely do not want to infect anyone else or get infected by someone who is unwittingly carrying the virus.
    I can wait for the go ahead, this virus is a killer and I am too young to die or go thru the pain of not being able to breath and then dying while gasping for air. This is my opinion of course.

2. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

We we camp we always have hand sanitizer with us anyway! Been doing that for years. Especially when backpacking!

Pommom70 likes this.
  3. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Going thru stuff & found 8 small bottles of sanitizer & had 2 large ones already...got this banner on the front of my house now...

thumbnail_IMG_1348.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1350.jpg

4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Nice!

Rik Peery likes this.
  5. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

We hope to be headed out in mid may after our state closed dated ends 5/16. I figure if I wear gloves and a mask to check in, wear gloves to hook up and dump. We will NOT will use the public restrooms and showers. We are thinking doing camping this way our risk is much lower then going to the store.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    Rik Peery and neighbormike like this.
  6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

At the very least i would use the gloves to dump! Even after its over! Lol.
    Yea, i will probably do the same, or at least use a antibacterial wipes or something. I would think most check ins will be remotely. So , by phone and or website. I really think a lot of things will change to less personal interaction in the futue.

7. tenttrailer

Yep alway use gloves to dump.

Our state I think is still going to have you check in and get your car pass and site marker, also have you verify your old enough to get discounts.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  8. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

States aren’t even providing drinking water potable. In PA know of 4 DCNR wells that provide drinking water for leased cabins in Pike County. Those DCNR well pumps are closed due to DCNR shutdown. Same wells and testing is shutdown at PA state wide.

9. jacinda

jacinda Member

Hope this calamity is soon passed, and life goes as normal as it used to be[​IMG]

Rik Peery likes this.
  10. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Our problem is that we don't have a bathroom in the pup, so we rely on the CG bathouse. We can deal with not taking a shower over the weekend, but a bathroom is a must!

Pommom70 likes this.
  11. tcbrady

tcbrady Active Member

As of yesterday my state has announced it's allowing private campgrounds to reopen this Friday. (State Parks are not permitted to reopen until at least 15th of May.) We called a local private campground that's owned by the RV dealership where we bought our PUP (10 minutes away) and they confirmed they are opening and the campground is taking reservation starting this Friday, but that they are not allowed to open restrooms until further notice. In all honesty, I'm anticipating that when the State Park campgrounds reopen on the 15th of May that they announce they aren't opening restrooms/bath houses for a few weeks. Luckily for us we have a bathroom, so we won't be affected but I know quite a few others that aren't in the same situation.

12. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Well-Known Member

I want one!

Rik Peery likes this.
  13. Rik Peery

Check Walmart online, pal from Atlanta got the double pack of 30 oz (?) a week or so ago sent to 'em in 2 days, but she happened to catch em when they had em...you can click on stuff & if it's not in stock, they'll notify you when it is, crap shoot really...I got 24 rolls of paper towels from Amazon last week; took 3 weeks to get em & only wanted a pack of 6, but that's all they had...we'll share em w/ family & neighbors...
    ***IF you have or can find aloe vera gel, you can make sanitizer w/ that & rubbing alcohol, or Everclear; making some up soon...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  14. tenttrailer

looks like Ohio will not extend closure. SP CG will be open 5-17 and I have 4 days reserved starting on 5/17. Yahoo!

15. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

Problem solved. D2494208-080C-48BF-A735-0F28ED00F819.jpeg

Amybejo, Rik Peery and BBQdave like this.
  16. BBQdave

BBQdave Active Member

Got a porta-potty a few years ago, and never used it. Looks like camping at State Parks, it will get used. They've even locked vault toilets around here.

No cancellation on Memorial Weekend group camp at a State Park. But no word on things restarting. Still in "meet the metrics mode" which the Governor will need to back off from ('cause the metrics will never be met) or removal of his power to declare "state of emergency" and rights restored.

I have small hope for Memorial Weekend camping. Sad to see NC state government blocking people from getting out into nature.

neighbormike likes this.
  17. Rik Peery

Saw something earlier that Va. may open up some on June 4th, no confirmation thus far; porta crappers for sure are good to have, we have a 3 legged one w/ the Doodie bags & a Lightspeed instant up 3 in 1, bathroom/shower/changing...

18. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Well-Known Member

I meant the sign. [LOL][LOL]

Rik Peery likes this.
  19. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

My stomach is way to weak to use and clean one....I would have vomit to clean up as well.

20. Rik Peery

[LOL][LOL] ok...got bored & had 2 of 'em made, here's the other one

thumbnail_IMG_1341.jpg

firepit, neighbormike and Sjm9911 like this.